PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather...coats.

Moli
07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I am sure due to the really cold winter we had, Merlins coat was much thicker than normal, he is not one for having his backend groomed, today I noticed a mat at the back, only way to get it out was to cut it out...In all the years I have had him, first time that has happened...
Has anyone else noticed a difference in their cats coats...?

farthing
08-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Mr Tosmk lived outside all winter ( or in my steading) and he has a massively thick coat, all the others were inside so have normal coats.

dandysmom
08-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Leia is indoors so she doesn't grow a Winter coat; she does seem to be shedding quite a bit more than usual during our heat wave. 3 combsful of fur a night instead if the usual 2.

angieh
08-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I haven't noticed any difference, but only had Kizzy just over a year and Pip has his adult coat instead of his kitten one, so too early to tell with my two.

random
08-07-2010, 09:45 PM
No but Charlie's is really shedding more than usual this year.

yola
08-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Myshka's produced 2 furballs in 3 days (normally one every 6 months) and both Fifi and Balie are leaving tufts everywhere.

Fifi seems to be loosing fur by the handful - but that's another story, something's not right and we're off the the vet tomorrow if I can get an appt.l