PDA

View Full Version : Cheatah left home

mandyb
05-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi all,
I think cheatah's left home:( it started a few weeks ago there's a chinese couple that live up the road nice people. Anyway for a few nights I couldn't get her to come in and when I did she would howl and make my life hell till I let her back out. We found out she was sleeping in this ladies house and she was feeding her. I've been up and fetched her back a few times and kept her in but if anyone who has had a bengal will know what sort of noise they can make. She seems to want to be there and not with me I go and see this lady quite often and make sure cheatah is ok shes even got her own bed. Has anyone else had this happen? But as long as shes happy and seems to be what should I do?

Mandy.

angieh
05-07-2010, 05:45 PM
This must be very upsetting for you Mandy. I have no experience of Bengal behaviour I'm afraid, but I suspect that any cat can choose to go and live anywhere it likes and at least you know she is safe and is being cared for and not going out and getting herself into trouble. Has she been spayed? Not sure that would affect this sort of behaviour to be honest.

dandysmom
05-07-2010, 07:54 PM
It does sound as if she's decided to move! Distressing for you, but I don't really see what you can do, sadly. I too wonder if she's spayed?

mandyb
05-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi yes she is spayed she's nearly eleven yrs old. But she seems happy where she is do you think I should leave her? I do take food up for her and have told the couple any problems and I will take her to the vets.
Mandy.

dandysmom
05-07-2010, 09:04 PM
How many times have you brought her home and she keeps going back? Has anything in the house changed in the recent past that might have upset/stressed her? New pet, new furniture, new litter, big change in routine?

mandyb
06-07-2010, 08:55 AM
hi no nothing at all as changed in the house not even down to her litter. The only thing i can think of is that i work full time this lady doesn't and shes a very fussy cat. So may be shes getting more attention there. I've brought her back about 6 times now.

dandysmom
06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh dear, it does sound as of Cheetah has moved house! :( Cats are very stubborn and apparently she's made up her mind. I'm so sorry, cannot think of any way to persuade her to return .....

A new kitten ??? Lots of little ones in the rescues would love to have a forever home.

alexgirl73
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
can you not ask the lady not to feed her? If she's not getting the home comforts there, surely she would return home.

mandyb
06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
thank you all for your help in this. I have asked the lady not to feed her but i think shes really taken to her. So i think so long as shes happy i'll leave her. You never know she might just walk back in one day.

dandysmom
07-07-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm afraid we weren't too much help, Mandy. You must be pretty distressed; my cats have always been indoors only as I live in the City where it's not safe for them to roam, but I know I'd be really upset if one up and left me. :(

PoshPuss
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Oh dear, this proves cats have no loyalty, :( sorry cheatah has decided that she wants a new home. You may take comfort from the fact that she's well & taken care of, maybe just befriend this lady and get regular updates to keep you in touch. When Posh's previous owner got in touch we kept each others mobile numbers and I send Jan photos of Posh from time to time. Mandy, it must be hard for you, maybe a rescue cat will ease your pain? you seem like you have a lot of love to give.

angieh
07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I think you have taken this whole situation rather well Mandy and you have the cat's happiness at heart. I'm inclined to agree that perhaps a rescue cat may give you comfort. Good luck to you if you decide to go that route.