PDA

View Full Version : Cat followed us

HIPPUS' MUM
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
As many of you will know Hippus adopted us back in Aug, since then shes become one of the family even more so since she was spayed. Shes great with the kids (2 n 4yr old) she will sleep at the bottom of my bed at night or near one of the chldren. Every day she will do somthing that makes us laugh, to get her in at night we call her name and whistle its like having a dog LOL. The other day i took the kids to the shop on the estate and Hippus followed us, shes never been that far before as she just stays on the front of the house really. then waited for us outside and walked back home. This eve was the best one yet. The kids wanted to go for a walk before bedtime so i took them at the back of the house and walked near the railway line (fence and bushes so cant get on it) I turned around and Hippus was following us, she walked all the way there and back a good hours walk. Poor baby was tired when we got home as she just lay down and waited for me to pick her up and carry her in to the house. I have never know a cat to walk as far as she will to follow us.
Just had to share with you all :D

PoshPuss
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
That's so cute, and coming in when her name is called... awww, bless. She obviously loves you lots. xxx

dandysmom
02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh dear, she is giving our independent cats wrong ideas! Never come when you're called!! Seriously, that is touching how much she likes to be with you. That's a long walk for a cat, too. Can you post some pics of Hippus? I'd love to see her.

HIPPUS' MUM
02-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh dear, she is giving our independent cats wrong ideas! Never come when you're called!! Seriously, that is touching how much she likes to be with you. That's a long walk for a cat, too. Can you post some pics of Hippus? I'd love to see her.

HMMM i have some pics on my laptop somewhere i will go and look now, failing that i will take one of her and post it on here in the morning,
yes i cant beleive how much she loves us, i woudnt blame her if she didnt trust people after her last owners forgot about her and her babies. Everyone loves her on the estate they cant beleive it when they see her come to her name or follow us lol

Shelley123
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Hippus sounds a real character, i bet the kids love it when she comes on a walk with you.

HIPPUS' MUM
02-07-2010, 11:32 PM
This is the 1st time i have posted a pic so sorry if its not right, these have just been taken
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/codymegan/SDC11978.jpg

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/codymegan/SDC11977.jpg

dandysmom
02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh what a pretty girl she is, and a tortie and white too; I love torties. She has lovely markings. Thanks for sharing those, HM!

HIPPUS' MUM
02-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks, yes she is lovely i love her markings i had never seen a tortie and white untill she moved in and am yet to see another. Her babies here a ginger tom and tortie and white girl just like her x

dandysmom
02-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Mags' Cassie and Tink's Kuan Yin, to name the first that come to mind, are tortie and whites. They are beautifully colored and marked cats. My tortie, Patches, was a brindled tortie. I do so miss her, she went to the Bridge at 20. :(

HIPPUS' MUM
03-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Patches, was a brindled tortie. I do so miss her, she went to the Bridge at 20. :(

20???? wow thats a good age, how long do cats live??
Is it ok if Hippus goes on walks with us, only im worried that she might get lost if she loses us on the walk, im just hopeing she doesnt follow us to the park one day

PoshPuss
03-07-2010, 05:25 PM
You could try and lead train her. She seems willing to accompany you long distance so she may tolerate walking close by on a loose leash. Or you could add a locator tag to her collar, that way if she wanders from your eyesight you could home in on the direction she's taken. I find my locator a wonderful thing which has given me lots of peace of mind since my cat went missing.

BTW, she's a very pretty puss. :D

HIPPUS' MUM
03-07-2010, 06:13 PM
i have never heard of a locator, is there a website about them or anything they sound interesting thanks

dandysmom
03-07-2010, 08:21 PM
About age, the average for a housecat is 14 - 15 years; ferals, sadly are lucky to make 3 - 5 yeas. :( Yes, 20 is a good age; several of our members have cats who lived well past 20!! I think the record is somewhere in the 30s.