PDA

View Full Version : Fostering cats

random
02-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I know some of you here foster cats, my sister is interested in doing this herself. Just wanted to know what they look for e.t.c. and is there a lower age limit (she's 18 but I suppose as it's my dad's house, he'd have to be the one to apply? Although she'd be the carer?)

She has been thinking about having another cat since she lost her cat quite a while ago now but it would be indoor only after what happened to Jennie, then she thought instead about fostering for the CPL, as obviously they would stay indoors anyway and then she's helping these cats too, so I said i'd put up a post on here anyway and see if anyone could help with what the criteria e.t.c is.

Many thanks x

lyndyloo
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I have just started fostering cats through the RSPCA, well I get my fostering pack and first kitty on Monday. Im not quite sure the exact criteria but the someone from the RSPCA came and we went through the aspects and what is required, which is allowing people to come and view the cats who are interested in adoption. collecting them from vets if abandoned there, or alowing the inspector to drop them off. Taking them to the vet for neutering, vacinations etc if required. Taking photographs of the cats and sending them to your RSPCA contact so they can get them advertised. And of course love and attention!
RSPCA cover the costs of food and litter and you get the basics from them which includes a cat carrier, a holding cage, bed, bowles and litter tray.

Georgey :)
17-07-2010, 06:59 PM
i foster for the CPL im 16 :) the only bits my parents have to do is sign the actual adoption form :) I'm in contact with everyone, attend all meetings and vet appointments :) its all down to mee!