PDA

View Full Version : What else do I need to buy?

Sez
29-06-2010, 02:16 PM
It's going to be another 25 days before we can collect our new kitten and bring him home (curses to our pre-booked holiday! :lol: ), and in my excitement, I've been out to the shops!

I got a tiny bit carried away in Wilkinsons and have come away with:

A little floor-standing scratching post
A bright red fabric pet bed
A Mason Cash kitten-size saucer for food
A pair of pink and blue catnip mice with ribbons and bells for tails
A purple leopard print mouse on a fishing rod with a HUGE purple feather for a tail (I just thought it was adorable :lol: )
A giant plush red mouse full of crinkly stuff
A little treat ball
A black velveteen collar with reflective purple eyes and a purple bell on it. It'll probably never get worn, as I've never really put collars on cats for fear of accidents, but it was too cute to leave behind!
And a big plastic box for storing cat toys in!

I still have a few bits from previous cats that can have a good clean and be resued - a red and cream teepee, a covered litter tray and carry box. I'd like an automatic waterer, and spotted a Litter Locker bin which I quite fancied as well. I've found a large cat activity centre on eBay which I'm currently bidding on and I'll be buying cat food and litter nearer the time.

What have I forgotten?

Mags
29-06-2010, 02:43 PM
A cat carrier for bringing him home in .......and also for vet visits...

Have you got a brush and comb yet? :lol: If you start grooming him from a kitten, he will get used to it quicker ;)

angieh
29-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Bits of screwed up paper and a couple of cardboard boxes!!!

And put away any favourite bits of furniture that you don't want scratched before kitten becomes cat and can jump.

OOOOh what fun - I have kitten envy already!

Sez
29-06-2010, 03:32 PM
We've got a carrier in the loft, and I'm fairly certain I've got an old grooming kit up there, too, although it may be better to treat him to a new set of brushes!

angieh
29-06-2010, 03:34 PM
He's going to be such a spoilt little cattie!

Mags
29-06-2010, 05:15 PM
The most important thing not to forget is ........... always have your camera at the ready!!! :-D

dandysmom
29-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Camera, definitely! And a pair of good claw clippers ... start them young and they think nothing of it. Possibly a Furminator for grooming; they do a super job of removing excess loose fur; I'd use that later when he's bigger and used to being groomed.

Moli
29-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Sounds like you have everything covered...:)