PDA

View Full Version : Holiday visitor- and a busy weekend.

farthing
26-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Pod, a cat we fostered has come back for 3 weeks while his owner is away, he comes here every so often when she can't find anybody else to look after him at home. Pod came from someone with mental health issue, and used to attack your face when picked up. His owner has worked hard with him and he is so much improved- however i prefer to take him, where he knows us and ( more importantly) we know him, rather than he goes into a kennels.

We are collecting some ex laying quail tomorrow, and the blacksmith is coming later on.

I also need to catch Mr Tomsk because he is booked in to be castrated on Monday.

Next week we hope to collect 12 ex laying hens from a local rescue who have persuaded a local farmer to rehome 'exhausted' hens.

Good job Mike is still on holiday!

dandysmom
26-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Busy indeed! Good luck in catching Mr. Tomsk. they seem to sense when we're getting them for nefarious things like vet visits. Poor Pod, glad he has a safe place to stay where he's understood while the owner is away.

angieh
26-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Yes, good luck with Mr Tomsk. Another good proof that cats have psychic powers!

farthing
27-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Bloomin typical, Mr Tomsk is booked in to be castrated tomorrow and there has been no sign of him for 2 days. He must have heard me talking to the vet on Friday!

Good news is that Helga seems to be fairly settled with the other cats. She is getting tired of hissing and being ignored by everybody else when she does. Spent the night on my pillow, I thought Sooty was going to take up residence but Helga has won. She certainly takes up a lot more space than Spicey ever did.

Shelley123
27-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Hope you manage to find the elusive Mr Tomsk and everything goes well tomorrow.

dandysmom
27-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Mr. Tomsk will no doubt show up bright-eyed and bushy tailed the day after his appointment ...:roll:

farthing
28-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Still no Mr Tomsk, so had to cancel the appointment. I should have grabbed him on Friday, but it was just after Spice had been PTS so wasn't really thinking about that.

Ended up taking Loki in instead, he was sick through the night, didn't take breakfast ( very unusual) and felt very hot. The vet gave a check over and couldn'tfind much other than a temp, but it looks like he has the runs as well. Hopefully the jabs he got will sort him out soon!

Misty and Jimmy of for acupuncture today, here's hoping it helps them.

farthing
28-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Got him, so hopefully we can get him in tomorrow.:D

angieh
28-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Well done farthing - hope Mr Tomsk can be kept quiet and comfortable overnight?

dandysmom
28-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Well done nabbing the wily Mr. Tomsk!

farthing
29-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Mr Tomsk is FIV/Felv negative and his general bloods are fine- vets thinks he is about 2 ish. He is now a neutered male and we can pick him up about 3. Nothing from the CP to say they will pay for it though, typical it happens to me.

I have Helga booked in for a weight check and 1st vaccine tonight and Pudding is getting bloods taken to recheck her thyroid ( and maybe 1st vaccine if vet happy).
Looks like Tabatha will have to join us, she's sounds very snotty, was a bit sneezy last night, and with being FIV I want her checked.

Keep you fingers crossed that Helga has lost weight and Pudding has put on weight.

angieh
29-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Good news about Mr Tomsk, bits and blood. Hope he knows where his bread is buttered and sticks around now that you know he's OK.

My fingers are crossed for Helga - I know how it is when you're trying to get weight off and Pudding needs to eat his puddings in order to put it on!

Bless you farthing.

dandysmom
29-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Fingers crossed here for Helga and Pudding; delighted that Mr. Tomsk's OK! :D