PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat know whose on the phone?

telepet
24-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Does your cat know who's on the phone?

Some cats seem to know who is on the phone. When the telephone rang in the household of a professor of musicology at the University of California in Berkley, his wife always knew when her husband was calling. The family silver tabby, Whiskins, rushed to the telephone and pawed at the receiver. This happened both when the professor was calling from his office at the university, and also when he called from field trips in Africa and South America at completely unpredictable times.

I am working with Dr Rupert Sheldrake, a biologist, who wrote a book called Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home. We are now trying to investigate the phenomenon of cats that know who's calling. We would be grateful to hear from anyone whose cat seems to know when a particular person is calling before the call is answered. Please get in touch with me at pam@telepet.demon.co.uk

[Link removed]

dandysmom
24-06-2010, 04:33 PM
How interesting! I can't help, none of my cats have ever displayed that.

angieh
24-06-2010, 05:05 PM
That's intriguing - but afraid I can't help personally either. Anecdotally, my music teacher at school used to tell the class that she would phone home to tell her cats if she was going to be late! Seems she may not have been as bonkers as we suspected.

Netty
25-06-2010, 08:26 PM
My Mindy used to run to the phone and mew and whirr at it, but that was every time it rang, not specific to certain people.