PDA

View Full Version : Message Collars

angieh
20-06-2010, 12:08 PM
OK, numpty here.

I am definitely going to do a message collar for Squiffy. I've been hunting on t'Internet and it seems that Cats Protection used to do plastic see-through collars that you could slip a note in. Are these still available and if so, a contact to get one from would be appreciated.

If not what would people suggest - a basic ordinary cat collar but how to attach the message???

dandysmom
20-06-2010, 04:23 PM
I did a fruitless Google search. :( Wrtie the message in small letters, fold to the size of a postage stamp and staple to the collar with READ on the outside???

Mags
20-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Angie, if you go to this Cats Protection site, towards the bottom of the page you will find a printable template to make your own paper collar.

http://www.salisburycats.co.uk/stray-cats/

You could print something like this on it:

THIS CAT VISITS ME AND I AM WORRIED THAT IT MAY BE A STRAY THAT NEEDS A HOME

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF IT BELONGS TO YOU Tel No ……………………………………………

Good luck in tracing an owner :)

angieh
20-06-2010, 05:08 PM
That's great - thanks Mags! And thanks for looking Eileen.

calismum
20-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I put a normal safety collar on with a message in one of the barrel id tags (very small writing but enough to say essential and phone number)

PoshPuss
20-06-2010, 06:47 PM
If you know some one who is a nursee maybe they could get you a patient ID label from the local hospital, these are see through which you can put your message into. Just an idea ;)

calismum
20-06-2010, 10:36 PM
If you know some one who is a nursee maybe they could get you a patient ID label from the local hospital, these are see through which you can put your message into. Just an idea ;)

Great idea! - need to be sure it would come undone if he got caught on something tho'