PDA

View Full Version : The kakarikis have landed.

farthing
19-06-2010, 11:00 PM
we have welcomed two newcomers to the family- 2 kakarikis. They are new zealand parrots and very pretty. Fairly small, one is called Fiona, a green female and the other is called Stanley, a yellow female ( may have to get another name)
Stanley has a deformed beak and one good eye and Fiona is her companion. The seem to have settled very well without getting too stressed- I hope they are still with us tomorrow, I always worry when I take in animals that something happens to them and it because the journey and change has stressed them out.

Tink
19-06-2010, 11:25 PM
oh my goodness how very exciting. where did you find these two? can't wait to see pics and hear all about them :D

dandysmom
20-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Hope all goes well with them, looking forward to pics.

farthing
20-06-2010, 10:54 AM
oh my goodness how very exciting. where did you find these two? can't wait to see pics and hear all about them :D

They came from the same lady the celestial parrotlets came from. She did a lot of bird rescue but has developed allergies and had to rehome all her birds. The healthy ones went to a local animal rescue but they didn't want the parrotlets ( very aggressive to other birds) and she didn't want them to have the poorly kakarikis- so we took them.

We amy also be taking an injured pigeon form her. It was caught by a cat and the wing feathers aren't growing properly, she's giving it a fortnight to see if it can fly, but if not it will come here to live.

We now have 105 animals and 14 species.

Kazz
20-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Good Lord I have my hands full with 1 animal 1 species....SBT......

Shelley123
20-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Hope the Kakarikis have a good night

calismum
20-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Glad they seem to have settled.