PDA

View Full Version : A busy end to the week!

farthing
17-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Yesterday a man took a very baby bird ( bald) into the vet so I have ended up trying to hand rear him. After a call to a knowledgeable friend I am feeding him chicken cat food every 20 mins or so- daylight hours only.:)

We are chicken sitting for a friend, she's taking them over tomorrow, for a week and we are also collecting 2 kakrikis to come and stay with us, because their owner has ill health.

The blacksmith is coming tomorrow and we are supposed to be going out for tea on Saturday, for a friends birthday. Baby bird will come too and we will sneak out to feed him in the car at regular intervals.

pookyandjo
17-06-2010, 12:20 PM
lol baby birds eating chicken cat food....(will that give him "mad bird disease??")..sorry couldn't resist that one...

and chicken sitting??? that just sounds so funny....
good one you for helping out and doing what you do for animals... as ive said before... there will be a special place in heaven for you Farthing!

dandysmom
17-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Chicken sitting ... love it!! What are kakrikis? Hope the wee bird makes it, what sort is it, can you tell?

farthing
17-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Kakarikis are a small new zealand parrot- one of the pair has half a beak and a bad eye- so special needs.

The wee bird is, I think a sparrow, it is only the size of a 50p and bald, so pretty hard to guess. He is still with us but less bright so not confident he will see the night out, but got to try, who knows maybe he will be lucky. Keep your fingers crossed.

angieh
17-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Fingers crossed for the little bird.

PoshPuss
18-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Awww, good luck with the little bald bird :)
and chicken sitting sounds like fun :D

farthing
18-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Sadly baby bird died overnight. I'm gutted.:(

angieh
18-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Poor wee mite. It really didn't have much chance farthing. I am sure that there was nothing more you could have done.

Kim
18-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Aww that's sad about baby bird, I have tried several times to hand rear baby birds, but they have all died. You did your best.