PDA

View Full Version : We're getting a new cat tomorrow!!

Kim
16-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I know we decided that 2 is enough after Misty and Sasha died, but we have decided to get another addition to our feline family. We think it will be gerat for Rachel to have something to focus on too. On Monday, Rachel and I visited a local Animal Sanctuary and also the RSPCA branch in Leicester. At the sanctuary we fell in love with Harvey, a 6 year old male, he is completely black with lovely orange eyes, he is very affectionalte. A the RSPCA we fell in love with Suzie (although we would change her name to Maisie) an 8 year old light grey & while neutered girl. Again she is very friendly, has been shaved as she was very matted. She has been kept in a shed, poor girl, so I would love to show her some home comforts.

I was very keen on a BSH, especially after seeing/hearing about Dawn's gorgous cats, but my daughter really feels she wants a rescue and I am happy with this. We don't want a kitten, as gorgeous as they are, but they always find homes.

Will let you know tomorrow, we are going to see both cats again and see if we can make a decision! :lol:

Mags
16-06-2010, 10:54 PM
How exciting Kim, does this mean if you can't decide which cat to have tomorrow, you may come home with two? ;):lol:

Moli
16-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Looking forward to hearing about the new additions, and of course pictures...

dandysmom
16-06-2010, 11:37 PM
How exciting, Kim! How can you possibly choose? Looking forward to your decision and of course, many pics!

Soul-Cat
17-06-2010, 01:24 AM
How exciting for you, we have two rescue cats, mother and daughter ( we didnt breed the litter - just rescued both )
KiKi the mum is ment to be a BSH cross selkirk rex (sp)?
She doesnt look anything like a BSH though, shame as i luuuuuuuuurve them.. The dad to the kitten was meant to have been full BSH - again Soul looks nothing like one.

Look forward to seeing pictures :)

Tink
17-06-2010, 02:01 AM
That is so exciting and I agree I think animals can be a wonderful thing to focus on. Taking care of the new addition and getting them settled and such will probably be a welcome and healthy distraction..and a homeless rescue will get a new home. It's win/win, really. Thanks for adopting a rescue can't wait to hear all about whoever you bring home :D

alexgirl73
17-06-2010, 07:44 AM
That's wonderful Kim, looking forward to seeing who come home with you x

yola
17-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Great news all around Kim. Very much looking forward to hear whether you've been able to choose or whether you've followed your heart and taken both on :D

pookyandjo
17-06-2010, 12:10 PM
ooooohhhhh new catsey family member/s... cant wait to see pics

PoshPuss
17-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Smashing news Kim and lovely kind of you to adopt a rescue ( maybe both ;) ) Rachel will find a channel for her emotional needs in caring for the new babes.

Both sound very attractive and can't wait to see pics :D

angieh
17-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Well done Kim. Hope you are able to decide ......... Look forward to finding out and seeing your new family member.

Kim
17-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I can't believe how many replies!!! So sorry, been a bit of a manic day, only just logged on.

Well, we did go to the Animal sanctuary and RSPCA, Harvey was still at the sanctuary and Rachel had almost decided to have him, but we went to the RSPCA as well, just to be sure, and the cat we liked had been re-homed - ironic as she had been there since April, but we feel fate made the choice for us!!!

Welcome Harvey!! He is gorgeous, very friendly, having a good nose around as I type! He eats like a horse!! He is very good witht he dogs and rubbed himself against Rudy, who is our huge greyhound, he hasn't hissed at our other cats, although been hissed at by Rosie. While we are at home we are just letting him wander around getting used to everything, but will separate him from the dogs when we go out for a while, just to be sure. I really can't think we will have any problems though. I will post some pics as soon as I can.

Rachel loves him and just the distraction she needs. :)

dandysmom
17-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Welcome. Harvey! Sounds as if he'll settle in very well; good therapy for Rachel. We do want pics, you know!

Tink
17-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Absolutely fantastic! Welcome Home, Harvey!!!! :-D

yola
17-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Kim, I'm delighted you have a new soul-mate-kitty :D

Both Harvey and Rachel will benefit hugely from this, I'm very much looking forward to seeing pics of him . . . such great news!

angieh
17-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Excellent news! Look forward to seeing pictures of Harvey. What a very lucky boy he is.

PoshPuss
18-06-2010, 08:18 AM
A new kit on the block!! :D welcome to Harvey and yes, piccies please ASAP. Love to Rachel too, he'll be part of her healing and a special puss to her. x

Kazz
18-06-2010, 10:38 AM
How did I miss this...............sorry Kim but welcome home Harvey..........need to see the pictures now.

alexgirl73
18-06-2010, 11:28 AM
welcome home Harvey :D

Kobster
19-06-2010, 09:36 AM
So happy to hear this! Black kitties are great medicine. I have one here healing my heart as we speak. I know he and Rachel will be fast friends.

Shelley123
19-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the forum Harvey ;)

Kim
19-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Sorry to take so long to update. Harvey has settled in so well. He is loving, purrs all the time, loves to be near you and fussed. He is not bothered in the slightest about the dogs and they are not bothered about him! Most of today he sat on the back of our sofa and various dogs sat there and he didn't worry at all!! My sister and her family have been vsiting us today and he loved all the fuss and attention. His face looked like he thought he had gone to Heaven!!!

Yesterday he had his first set of jabs and was wormed. The vet thought he was very healthy and in excellent condition.

A couple of pics.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Brenkim/Harvey.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Brenkim/Harvey1.jpg

alexgirl73
19-06-2010, 10:02 PM
oh isn't he gorgeous :D I love the startled look on his face in the first pic lol x

angieh
19-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Welcome Harvey! He does look a bit startled, doesn't he? Can't believe his luck perhaps. Hope you all settle down together and get to know each other gently.

dandysmom
19-06-2010, 10:19 PM
What a handsome boy! Amazing and wonderful that he's settled in so well! :)

Kazz
19-06-2010, 10:20 PM
He is scrumptious Kim, really lovely cat a good choice there by Rachel. :) And I like the fact he is showing off his gorgeous eyes for the camera.

Mags
19-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome to Catsey, Harvey!

He's gorgeous, Kim - I'm glad he's settled in so well.

Tink
19-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Sounds like it was a match made in heaven. He is so charming with that dark coat and handsome face :D

Moli
20-06-2010, 12:12 PM
What a beautiful boy...so pleased he has settled in so well..

borderdawn
20-06-2010, 12:29 PM
He's lovely Kim.

EmmaG
20-06-2010, 01:09 PM
WOW he is a stunner!!! reminds me of my first cat (Cinders)

Glad he has settled in well Kim xxx

PoshPuss
20-06-2010, 02:05 PM
What A Looker! :shock: He's Handsome :d

Kim
20-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks all. I don't think he was startled, he has such big gorgeous eyes that perhaps make him look like he is. He is nto nervy at all, one of the reasons we chose him as he couldn't afford to be with our 3 big dogs!

farthing
20-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I always enjoy reading posts like this, I am so happy to hear of any animal being taking in by somebody who will love and look after them in the way they deserve.
I hope he realises what a lucky boy he is and returns the devotion.

Kazz
24-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Hey Kim..... How is the new arrival doing? settling in well.

Kim
24-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Kim..... How is the new arrival doing? settling in well.

Kazz, he is the most wonderful and perfect cat we could wish for! We all love him already. He loves to be around people and will sit on our laps in the evening, he loves to be fussed and is so affectionate. He is so dog savvy it is hard to believe, even better than our existing cats!! It is like he has been here forever. The look on his face sometimes is so funny, he is saying "I am in heaven" :D

Thanks for asking. Will post some more pics soon. x

Tink
24-06-2010, 07:07 PM
aww it was meant to be :D

dandysmom
24-06-2010, 07:55 PM
That is such good news, Kim!

random
24-06-2010, 08:38 PM
He's super Kim! Lovely boy!

angieh
24-06-2010, 09:01 PM
What lovely news. Look forward to the photos!

Shelley123
24-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Harvey is absolutely gorgeous, it's great news that he's settled so well.