PDA

View Full Version : I feel so helpless/angry!

moonstone
14-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I am the first to admit that i do not like my sister-in-law (sil)much but over the years i have made a huge effort to put up with her nasty comments:evil: (the usual one is calling me a "goldigger"something she calls everyone except herself:twisted: )she has 8 cats:( I hate the way she treats them as she makes them stay outside in all weathers (I was last at her house at Christmas and the cats were out in the snow desperately trying to get inside)I kept asking her if i could let them in but she just says that "she doesn't want them hanging round her":evil: while there she asked me to look at her 18 year old female cats teeth as she was drooling:( her teeth were fine so i told her she should get her checked up at her vets (I know the one she uses as i used to go there myself)anyway she waited until 4 weeks ago and finally took cat to the vets were it was found that cat had a malignant tumour on her tongue:( vet said PTS but she took cat home and is leaving her to die in agony:evil: my MIL keeps ringing me and saying that the cat must be in pain and that she won,t last long:( I told my MIL that if she leaves this cat to die then she is being really cruel:evil: I know SIL will do this as she did it with her last cat who was 19 and diagnosed with a tumour the size of an orange in her stomach:( she took 3 weeks to die and MIL told me that she was crawling across the floor as she was unable to walk:evil: SIL won,t use the vets as she doesn't like paying for anything and my MIL has to pay her vets bills:?
I have spoken to her vet and asked them to ring her to take cat in but they just told me to report her which i was going to do but now the family have clammed up and i don,t know if the cat is still alive:roll: not sure what to do now as all i can think about is the pain and suffering this cat must be going through:evil: I have told my O/H that i will not see this evil woman again :evil: now she has gone and got another little ginger kitten:evil:I really don,t know what to do about her:? she is so CRUEL:twisted: any advice:D

Phoenix
14-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm biased but I would report her to the RSPCA (they probably wouldn't do a lot though) and insist she gives up her kittens and cats, because if she's unwilling to pay the vets bills I'm sorry but she shouldn't have a cat :evil:

dandysmom
14-06-2010, 10:41 PM
That is SICKENING! Can your MIL or OH not go and get the cat and take her to vets to be PTS? I cannot imagine the pain she must be in ......

Kim
14-06-2010, 11:41 PM
That is so cruel. Why on earth does she have so many cats if she cannot afford them? leaving a cat to die like that is digusting. Someone must do something surely?

PoshPuss
15-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I feel you must report her to the RSPCA, even if you feel that you are going to make trouble or that they won't bother, you must do some thing that helps that poor animal in distress. The onus is on the RSPCA to protect the cats and have a duty of care to act on a report of cruelty.

Your mother-in-law has been considerate enough in the past to help your sister-in-law with vet bills but really she must now act with you to stop this girl's insane neglect of her cats. Maybe, as a family, you could get together and see if she needs help, of a medical nature I mean, not financial.

yola
15-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Could you get the support of the police over this? They might work with the RSPCA/other animal charity to see if the cats can be recovered from your SIL and treated/rehomed.

I feel very strongly that you should do something strong and positive; not always easy when family members are involved but you have to make a judgement over whether this is more important than the cats' welfare.

Much luck to you - it's a difficult position to be in.

trick
15-06-2010, 04:02 PM
If you do phone the RSPCA try to have as much up to date facts as possible, like finding out when she was last a the vets from MIL of OH and if she is still alive and if on any meds (pain killers). The RSPCA will not go on old evidence, so try to give clear facts that they can not ignore.
good luck with this it always difficult when your let down by people who should know better.
H x

moonstone
15-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Thank you for your replies:D and i feel exactly the same as you she should be stopped from having cats/animals :evil: I am really not bothered about causing upset in the family (although feel sorry for husband who will be caught in the middle)I feel guilty myself as this happend two weeks ago:( my O/H visited his sister and she told him that the cat had stopped eating and she would take it the vets the following week to be PTS:( then my MIL rang me saying that she would not have the cat PTS:evil: I told her that i thought her daughter was really cruel and that she could NOT leave this cat to die like she did with the other one but i was told that daughter "knew what she was doing:evil: )I waited a few days then spoke with MIL again offering to take the cat myself (as i did with the other one) AND TO PAY FOR IT TOO! This cat will NOT get Better it is a PTS situation:( now none of the family will tell me anything so i don,t know if the cat is still alive or if she has died:( I do not think that RSPCA will be able to do anything as the cat has been to the vet,s so has had some treatment:(
I feel this is my fault as i should have been more forceful with SIL but she is a nasty woman and i am a bit scared of her:oops: she wouldn't have let me have the cat anyway:evil: I am so worried that i can,t sleep over this but just being able to tell someone else (you guy,s) has made me feel some relief:D If i ask my O/H whats happened to cat he just says that he dosn;t know:? I may try ringing her vet again to see if she has taken the cat back again:? then i will be able to do something for it:D

moonstone
15-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I should add that this cat is my only priority:( I do not want her to suffer as the other one did and if i can stop that then i will be very happy:D her excuse for the first cat was that she was still eating but my MIL told me that she wasn't and was so thin:( she keeps saying that this one will "not last much longer" (this was last week) and that she must be in pain:( I was going to report her last week:D i really wish i had done now :(
I will try to find out more tomorrow:D

trick
15-06-2010, 11:19 PM
there is no harm in ringing the RSPCA, if the vet thinks you should then they might be able to advise her???

pookyandjo
16-06-2010, 10:52 AM
if i were you i'd be contacting the vet surgery and asking the particular vet that has dealt with the cat if you can pass his/her name on when you make the report with the RSPCA..hopefully if they have told you to report the matter they will be prepared to back you up in that regard.... the RSPCA SHOULD take notice of a complaint especially when there will be further corroboration from a treating vet..

It may very well be too late for the poor puss that but its not too late for the rest of the cats in her care... and i use the term loosely...people like her make my blood boil!

moonstone
17-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I contacted the vets yesterday but they refused to give me any information:( so i am still in the dark as to the condition of this poor cat or even if she is still alive:(
I did explain that i was very concerned about the cat being left to die and that i had her best interests at heart but no joy:evil: so as i said in the original post i am left in a helpless situation:( the RSPCA in this area are useless:evil: they have not been taking in strays for a long time and any cat over a certain age will be PTS:( as long as an owner can show that they have food for their animals then they will do nothing so there is no more i can do:(
I hate to think of this poor girly suffering as the other cat did but the family will not tell me anything now:( the only thing i will do is to refuse to have anything to do with this evil person:D my MIL thinks that her daughter is wonderful so i won,t get anywhere with her:roll: I don,t think that she is happy with what is happening as she kept telling me that the cat must be in pain but at the end of the day it,s her daughter and she will side with her:evil:
It really is a hopeless situation and i am really angry/upset about it but there is nothing that i can do:(I am now feeling depressed due to worrying and lack of sleep over this:( I know what SIL is thinking and that is that if she takes the cat to the vet,s to be euthansed it will cost her but if she lets it die at home it is free so that,s what she is doing:evil: god i hate her:twisted: :twisted:

random
18-06-2010, 02:57 PM
MS you MUST phone the RSPCA and tell them all of this, if they do nothing then the fault lies with them (once again :roll:) but not with you, if you don't ring them there is always the chance they MIGHT be feeling in a good mood that day, visit your SIL, see this cat and take her and put her to sleep themselves if she is suffering and THEN they will question her ability to look after her remaining cats properly. As a pet owner she HAS to provide her pet with adequate medical care, she is NOT allowed to let her ill cat suffer, even if it is dying, as this is cruelty and the RSPCA can stop this if they so choose to/decided it is the right course of action. Given that this is the second time she has done it, more action might be taken with the remaining cats, however, you NEED to do this RIGHT NOW, because the long you mull it over thinking it won't do any good, the less chance the RSPCA have of going in and finding this cat still alive and suffering, because that is exactly what they NEED to find.

As an individual I don't particularly like the RSPCA, and I certainly wouldn't trust them with a potato but in cases of cruelty such as this, they are basically, all we have and in EVERY instance, I would not hesitate to call them, 'just incase' they DO decide to do SOMETHING, it IS worth it.

Please do it, not just for the poorly cat's sake but for the remaining cats and for your own conscience. Tell them everything you have told us here and please do it TODAY!

moonstone
18-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Well i HAVE reported her (did it this morning)I gave the inspector all the info that i have including her vet and the fact that she left her other cat to die in agony:( I have asked to be updated when she has been "visited":D
I thought that i would feel horrible about doing this to a family member (even though i hate her:evil: ) but it is a relief:D now i can get some sleep and hope that this cat (if she is still alive) will no longer be suffering:(
As i have said before the RSPCA in my area are rubbish at best but at least a visit will make this vile:evil: evil:evil: cruel woman think twice about subjecting another poor kitty to a lingering:( painful death just beacuse she won,t pay out for vet treatment:twisted:

dandysmom
18-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I do pray the RSPCA will do something; please do let us know. The thought of that poor cat dying slowly in pain has haunted me .....

moonstone
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I have just found out through MIL that this poor cat died :( it was before i reported her though and i havn't heard anything from RSPCA yet :( although that is par for the course round here:evil: she was not PTS but as i suspected she was left to die in pain:evil: my husband refuses to talk about it or his vile sister:evil: I think that he feels that i shouldn't have said anything as it,s his sister but she is wicked and cruel and she derserves to be prosecuted:twisted:I doubt that anything can be done now although the poor cat has been buried in her garden so the evidence is still there:( If i ever have the misfourtune to see this evil woman again i will tell her exactly what i think of her but it will still not help that poor girl or end the suffering that she went through:? How can people be so unfeeling as to watch their cat die in pain and do nothing about it:roll: it,s beyond me that,s for sure:evil:

dandysmom
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
It is heartbreaking to know that poor cat died in agony. It's beyond belief that someone would allow it; all I can say is what goes around comes around ...

You tried, bless you for that.

PoshPuss
04-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Poor dear thing to die like that. However, I echo Dandysmom's words and now at least the kitty is painfree and at rest. You did what you could, the RSPCA is accountable for it's actions, you could write a letter and demand a reply from them as to what action they took.

Kim
04-07-2010, 05:40 PM
It is heartbreaking to know that poor cat died in agony. It's beyond belief that someone would allow it; all I can say is what goes around comes around ...

You tried, bless you for that.

Well said Eileen. x

RFM
06-07-2010, 06:14 AM
People suck sometimes. I'm so sorry the cat died so alone and in pain. Thank you for trying though.

CathyW
08-07-2010, 07:35 AM

You tried, bless you for that.i was just thinking that. Karma lets hope that this same woman is in lots of pain and nothing is done about it.
im thinking lots of nasty names to call this woman. (but wont mention them on here as i do know a few :oops:) but she sounds like a real *lady dog*
and dont let this woman intimidate u. your way better than she is. u have compasion and heart. shes nothing.