PDA

View Full Version : Leaving cats overnight?

broox159
14-06-2010, 01:25 PM
So my boyfriend and i have his sisters engagement party to go to on Friday. I'm just wondering if it would be wrong to leave the cats overnight if we fed them before we left and put a timer feeder down to feed them their breakfast in the morning. They would have plenty of fresh water as they have a fountain....I'm just wondering what peoples views here are. Would they be ok left to their own devices overnight or would putting them in a cattery be better?

PoshPuss
14-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I think overnight wouldn't harm as long as they have access to food and water. Do they use litter trays? If not some old papers by the back door would be useful in case of accidents.
Be prepared for the odd sulk or demanding miaows when you come home if you've not let them for long hours before this :D

broox159
14-06-2010, 02:57 PM
They use a litter tray, which i will make sure is fresh and clean before we leave. They have never used a timer feeder before so i think i might give it a test run before the night just so they are aware that it will give them food when we are away! :lol:

fancyabrew
14-06-2010, 03:45 PM
we leave chloe overnight will be doing so this weekend. Just make sure theres plenty of water, food isn't so important, once the food is eaten its eaten and they'll have to go without for a few hours, they're not going to starve!

dandysmom
14-06-2010, 04:24 PM
The cattery is much more stressful! They should be just fine with ample water and food overnight; and they will probably fuss when you get home if they're not used to being left alone. :)

Shelley123
14-06-2010, 04:59 PM
They will be fine, i would definately use the timer feeder for a few days before to get them used to it.
Have a great time on Friday.

MrsH
14-06-2010, 05:13 PM
We've left our cats overnight before, it's not been any problem at all. They're free-feeders on dry food, so we just leave 2 or 3 extra dishes of food and water for them. There's usually quite a bit of it left when we get back, so we know they've not been starved!

Don't worry, they'll forgive you! Enjoy the party :D

Kazz
14-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I have in the past left my cats overnight no problem left dried food down though not wet....in a few places dishes, and a few dishes of water around too. Made sure litter trays clean and antoher additional to normal litter tray too. No problem less stressful than a cattery for one night.

Have a nice time.

Kim
14-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I've left mine overnight quite a few times. I make sure they have plenty of water and dried food and put some wet food in their timed feeder. They have always been fine.

Hope you have a good time!

angieh
15-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I agree with above comments - they should be fine.

Enjoy the engagement party!

random
15-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I have left mine a number of times, they will be just fine! Have a nice time!