PDA

View Full Version : Waryness

niki71uk
13-06-2010, 09:54 PM
why do some cats go from being over friendly when kittens,to very elusive,only really wanting attention when its nite time in the dark,when ur trying to sleep:shock:

ive has cass since she was 6 wks old,read all the things on here about not giving her too much attention,as i have an older cat,only giving it to her really at nite when im sitting down,comfy,watching tv or at the computer,she loved my fleece.licking it and sucking on it,she gradually wanted attention less and less,and either hid under my bed or on the shelf of her scratching post in the spare room,now she will sleep on the spare bed

she was 2 in march:roll:

Donna
13-06-2010, 09:59 PM
My cats have always been a bit like that. Not wanting too much fuss.. unless they want something!!

Maybe its a girl thing?

niki71uk
13-06-2010, 10:02 PM
dunno lol,ive always has girls,cept for my older cat,toby

dandysmom
13-06-2010, 10:09 PM
How does she get along with your older cat, Niki? I do agree that girls aren't as cuddly and attention seeking as boys, but she does seem to be unusually distant. Have you tried giving her extra attention and perhaps a play session in the evening plus a treat?

Netty
13-06-2010, 10:14 PM
The only time Benny comes to me is when he needs a feed! He comes up and rolls all over me and I scratch him and cuddle him in, then when I get up he fires into the kitchen and behhs at his empty plate. Cupboard love!

niki71uk
13-06-2010, 10:16 PM
yup i do that,i try when i can to lift her up and hold her for a few mins,she's getting better with the other cat,only batters him,least once a mnth lol

every so often i put biscuits in a bowl at my computer,so i can stroke her,i guess its either just her or that she is used to me not being around when im at work,she will talk to the dog b4 me lol

she does lie every nite on my bed,as close as she can to my legs,or at the top of my bed nxt to my pillow,on a old wooly jumper

she's getting betterv when people come in to the house,she will come from hiding when i call her