PDA

View Full Version : Friday Daily

PoshPuss
11-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Seems I'm starting the daily late but in fairness I've been busy. Planting out verbena and geraniums in the back border, also my spiral obelisk which I hope to grow peas up this year, fingers x'd.

Getting to be a beaut. afternoon, grey this morning so cracked on with the vacuuming, then took the cleaner apart and cleaned that too:D

Posh been with me in the garden and was ever so good just lay on the grass and nibbled a few stalks. Ceri's resting now after a long walk with my dad. He's enjoying craft work at the day hospital so off to get arty stuff tomorrow.

Have a good Friday . xxx

dandysmom
11-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Helloooo, out there, where is everyone?

Lovely day again, 23 C (73 F) with wall-to-wall sunshine and a delightful breeze. To Whole Foods market for goodies (chicken vegetable soup tonight) and just pottering about. We're still badly in need of rain, the storms keep missing the City. Will have to water the veg plot later. Lots of fruit set on the chilis!

Hope it's a nice day for all....

dandysmom
11-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Didn't see your post, PP, sorry! It must have come while I was typing mine.

Kazz
11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Sorry been out today.....was supposed to be going for a meal but having been out to eat Wed, Thursday (twice) and off for a carvery on Sunday which is Dad' s birthday
decided the pics instead so went to see Sex in The City................really good I enjoyed it mind you the company was good too.

Hope you have all had a good day,
Kim hope you are all okay.
Emma hope you have everything packed....and a safe trip and a wonderful wedding.

angieh
11-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone - I've been to The Garden Show at Stansted today. It had chucked it down last night, and today has been very overcast and a bit sticky. Looking like it might rain again shortly. Had a good day, met a friend and her daughter for lunch. Bought some Penstemons and some very cheap and cheerful English Marigolds, also a lovely strong bag and a lizard ornament for the pergola, and a couple of hand made soaps - feeling quite tired now. Had to come home and catch up on Friday jobs. There were some lovely plants - must be the year of the Clematis, never seen so many.

We're having shop bought fish and chips for supper as a treat!

I have been thinking about Kim and her daughter today.

And on a much happier note, Emma getting ready to go away and come back a married lady! Hope all goes really well for you both.

Have a good rest of the day, peeps. Weekend almost here.

calismum
11-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Lovely day here - sounds like you both had good days angieh and kazz. DM are your chili plants on the windowsill? I often wonder how they'd do on my kitchen sill.

PP What sort of crafts does Ceri do at the hospital? My friend made some lovely baskets and papier mache 'piggy banks'.

My news is that I have three baby chicks - pics tomorrow as Martha is a bit fed up of me poking about.

PoshPuss
11-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Great minds think alike Eileen ;)
Kim saw the report on BBC and saw your hubby too, Thank Heavens for the seatbelt Rachel was wearing. God Bless the bereaved families, such a tragedy :(.
Last week and yesterday he was making greetings cards and next week trying out glass painting, good for him to be busy and having to plan and organise his work, gets his brain in gear, CM, :lol: pics of the chicks when you can ;)
Will post some pics of the garden later.

Tink
11-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone!
Gloomy and rainy here today.
Had a doctors appointment this afternoon scheduled but her receptionist has just canceled with me as she is out very ill. I'm kind of relieved, I hate driving in weather like this. Especially when I have one faulty windshield wiper :roll: :lol:
Expecting part of my delivery for the cats and ferrets food today. One twenty pound package today and a forty pound one due on Monday. Keeping my ears open as i do NOT want it to sit out in the rain. We still have plenty of food left though, about 12 lbs. here, I just like to plan ahead. I've found with five ferrets and two cats that amount lasts me almost half a year so it's really not too bad if you think of it that way :D
Have two books waiting for me on hold at the library. May go there and pick up a few things at the grocery to make the ferrets raw stew. Monkey's fur is a little yellowish and the raw tends to hydrate him and make him look all around better usually. He's acting just fine, just some discoloration. In the back of my mind I know that may be early signs of adrenal disease so we will have him tested for that during his annual in August. For now I will just see if it's a matter of some diet changes.
Lots of disturbing ads out there for ferrets as of late, it is "abandon your ferret" season seeing as it is now time for children to start their summer vacation :roll: It's really sad to see people just discarding them like that. It happens in summer and winter. I imagine winter is for holiday vacation. Who knows what these people are thinking..sigh. I'll get off my soap box now :lol:
Hope you all have a good one, I am just having my first cup of coffee :D

yola
11-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Weather started off drizzly but is now very warm and sunny! I have completely lost my voice :shock: am wondering if it's to do with the dental injection yesterday because it seemed to affect my throat.

Spent quite a while tidying the front garden - grass was very long and the weeping cherries needed a haircut. Have have my brain talked into mush by Sebi - that child chatters relentlessly . . . I have no space left in my head!

Just found a baby bird outside the front door. I think Myshka brought it in, but it was cold so OH things he found it and dragged it back. I hope to goodness it's not the same little cutie I was photographing with Sebi this morning which almost let us stroke it on the feeder :(

Taco shells tonight . . . I'll start them soon as OH has walked the boys up to the park for a scamper.

dandysmom
11-06-2010, 08:28 PM
THREE CHICKS!! Wow, CM, yes pics galore as soon as Martha will permit! My chilis are outside in the veg bed but I suspect if you have a good sunny window they'd do OK ... although am not sure on second thought about pollenation indoors? I wonder if tapping as we do with tomatoes would work??

A pity about the wee bird, Yola, hope you get your voice back soon!

Tink, glad you're getting well stocked on food. I too have holds at the library tomorrow.

Kazz
11-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Yola...Yola... Yola you do realise that Sebi is only chattering on so you can save your voice........;)

Shelley123
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, finaly found some time to get on Catsey.
Good new about the chicks CM, can't wait to see pics.
Hope you got your animal feed and library books Tink, i love coming back from the library with a load of books.
PP it's good that Ceri is doing things, hopefuly it will help him feel better.
Kazz ,glad you enjoyed the pics, not been for ages.
Angie, the garden show sounds lovely.
Yola, hope your voice returns soon.
Eileen, hope you got lots of goodies at the market.
Been to work this morning, the yoga, then been working on training Malaika, it's her last Good Citizen Puppy foundation class tomorrow.

Elaine
11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Evening all. Not much to report really, wasnt a bad day here today. Rayne has been stripped thanks to Trick and she looks beautiful. Am trying to write an article about feline biliary carinoma, have been trying to find out if there is any documented info with regards to her inapropriate pooping, cholangiohepatitis, hepatic lipidosis and ofcourse the biliary carcinoma. Proving to be very hard going reading about it all again and trying to find any common ground. Maybe there isnt any....
It's brought back some very raw emotions though.