PDA

View Full Version : Cats using the same litter tray at the same time!!!

EmmaG
03-06-2010, 10:17 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Ok so I have odd cats, yesterday both of them decided to use the litter tray (after I had changed the litter) at the same time. So one was pooping and the other scooping !!!! :-D :-D

They obviously love each other :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

yola
03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Arghhh. They obviously do. Or maybe one was trying to protect the other's modesty.

I had Balie do the biggest stinker yesterday. As he thinks he's still top cat he leave everything uncovered :shock: Myshka was in the tray in a flash covering the offending article up for him.

MrsH
03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Bless them!
They are just very fussy and like to take advantage of a clean tray! :lol: Now I've given myself the image of cats hopping up and down, crossing their legs, waiting for fresh litter before they can "go". When our 2 were kittens they often used to poop in the tray at the same time, we called it synchronised pooing. Often meant to take a photo but felt it would embarrass them! :lol:

jan
03-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I think its a race to be the first to use the fresh litter ! I have seen on occasions two facing opposite directions and doing their business. And its only ever been when the litter had just been changed. I thought of taking a pic but agree, it does nt seem quite right ! lol Jan x:lol:

Moli
03-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I have 4 trays, so can someone tell me why do my lot all use the same one!!!

dandysmom
03-06-2010, 10:45 PM
I think we're all familiar with the cat waiting oh so anxiously for the clean tray to be ready! Dandy, being the spoiled male, never covered either; Misty would come, look disgusted and bury it herself. I'm a bad Mom as I would leave it that way because it was so funny to see the look on her face .....

angieh
03-06-2010, 10:55 PM
I'd got to the point where Pip was going outside, but I thought I'd change the litter one last time. Consequence is - he's using his litter tray again!

Moli
03-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Leo can be outside for ages, then come in to use his box, then goes out again!

dandysmom
03-06-2010, 11:39 PM
My Siamese boy did the same thing, Moli; he'd be out in the garden, scratch madly at the door to come in, use the box and then want out again. I think his mum taught him that was the proper place ..... :roll: :-D

pookyandjo
04-06-2010, 12:51 AM
both of mine are indoors only... so they both use the tray... we have 3 trays...
two in the laundry (with two different types of litter) and one upstairs in my ensuite...

we often have cases of synchronised pooing.. but with a cat in each tray...
George just does his business and leaves it... where as Harry has to dig a hole to China to bury hers...
she often sits there and "yells" at George meow meow meow meow!!! as he saunters out of the laundry as if she's saying... "you dirty boy... come and cover up your mess"!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The funny thing about Harry is that after she does her business... she always hops out of the tray... walks around it as if she is conducting a survey to ascertain how to best effect her clean up :roll: :roll: :roll:

sometimes... if i catch her in the tray..... i will wait until she she does her stuff and then i'll scoop it...before she has a chance to bury it... poor girl she always looks confused.... she hops out to conduct her survey... and the poo is gone!!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PoshPuss
04-06-2010, 06:11 AM
:lol: great reading all the litter tray habits. Posh def likes a clean tray and covers up even after a wee. The expression on her face when she wees is cute, she closes her eyes tight and concentrates; she looks a bit like Yoda using the force, :lol:

dandysmom
04-06-2010, 04:16 PM
That would make a great pic, Nette!

Kay
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Awww how lovely...... well sort of :roll:

angieh
06-06-2010, 10:05 PM
PP, I love your description of Posh's expression - Pip looks as if he is smiling. Watched him outside today - just a wee, but the expression on his face was worth the scrape in my flower border!

dandysmom
07-06-2010, 02:08 AM
LOL, Lea looks as if she's meditating or thinking very deep thoughts!