PDA

View Full Version : Posh Is Home ...... :-d

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 01:13 PM
ECSTATIC!!

Got a call from the vets, they had taken a call from a man who said his mother has got a stray cat. They checked their lost files and found that it matched Posh. So they rang me with the man's phone number indeed, his mum HAD Posh with her, cue tears and tremors all round... went straight to her house and after a nice long chat Norty puss is fed, well looked after and been having a great time while her mam back home worried herself sick!

Spent 2 hours reposting this morning so have to take down those now and let evryone know the good news ASAP.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thats supposed to be a smile on the header , :D

MrsH
03-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Yippeeeeee!:-D That's just such fantastic news! :-D

:pom:pom:pom:pom:pom:pom:pom

Did he say how long his mum had had Posh? wonder if she's been there all this time?

What a relief for you! :-D

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
She told me that she had her for 10 days, seemed she didn't get my leaflet, I know i put one through but hey, she's home now and that's where she'll stay. But she looked after her well, she's been fed and groomed lovely. A very nice lady and cat lover so she made herself very much at home, even got her name changed to Frankie... ol blue eyes !

Mags
03-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Wonderful, wonderful news!!! http://bestsmileys.com/excited/3.gif

I'm so pleased and relieved for you Nette ........ how far away from your house was she?

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Mags, I'd say as the crow flies about 500 yards but through gardens and such. I needed to take the car there but you can walk around the block and get there in 10 mins. I'd dropped a leaflet but that was before she took her in I suppose. As she doesn't get out much I doubt she saw the flyers either.

Moli
03-06-2010, 01:59 PM
So very, very pleased for you....:D

aliwin
03-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Oh what fantastic news, I'm so happy for you. So glad she was well looked after for you too. I am so chuffed :D :D

Tink
03-06-2010, 02:17 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYY this is FANTASTIC news!!!!!! Made my morning, hugs all around :D

Kay
03-06-2010, 02:45 PM
So glad that Posh is back where she belongs....... under lock andkey now I bet lol.

Elaine
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
So pleased she is home and was always safe and well. Had a feeling some one had taken her in and as nice as the old lady may have been, you said you had posted a leaflet through her door. Now whether or not this was before she had actually taken her in, she knew that some one was looking for her. People make lots of assumptions about stray cats and talk themselves into thinking that they are better off with them rather than being returned. This does happen to so many cats that wonder off and they have no loyalties, bless them.
Anyway I am very pleased that she has been reunited with you. xxx

yola
03-06-2010, 02:48 PM
So pleased that Karen's 'feelings' were right (again :D ).

Nette - that is the best news ever I'm SO delighted your princess is back home . . . Frankie is rather a cute name though ;)

Kazz
03-06-2010, 03:24 PM
So very very pleased for you. Honestly had a good feeling this morning.

Odd Elaine and I were only saying on the phone the other day how we thought someone had take her in. And also how "fickle" cats are with their loyalties.....;) pleased she is home and was safe all along out of the weather.

Like Yola I like the name Frankie too.

alexgirl73
03-06-2010, 03:46 PM
brilliant news :D

So very happy for you Nette. Now give her a stern talking to, and make sure she understands she's not allowed to do that again :lol:

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 03:52 PM
She's had that stern taking to :) and of course a million cuddles and hand fed chicken. Seriously, I won't let her go off on her own again, she has a cat lead and she's going to have to like it or lump it! The garden is the only place I'll take her 'loose' and then its with supervision only.

I agree with Elaine and Karen, she's a very easygoing cat, no loyalty, just cupboard love. Oh well, so be it, but I've invested too much emotional energy to let her take me for granted... Posh you is a very norty gal :D

kado
03-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Such brilliant news. I am so glad the little lady is home.

dandysmom
03-06-2010, 04:08 PM
WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for you; Kazz' gut feeling was right!

angieh
03-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm over the moon for you Nette and for Posh too. Best news possible.

Please give our little fluffy adventuress a cuddle from me.

(sorry, posted in the wrong thread originally!)

Kim
03-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I've just posted on the 'other thread' too!!

I am really delighted she is home. It was kind of that lady to care for her, but she must have realised by how well she was that they might be a frantic owner out there....... Oh well, at least she is back with you where she belongs. x

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I think she found Posh very amiable and cute and I don't think she gets out much. Her son suggested she phone the vets (but it seems he did) as she wanted to put her in the local paper as found. Her son thought better of it as anyone could have claimed her. Good thinking son!
She is a kindly lady and I've sent flowers to her, even said I'd take Posh/Frankie over to see her from time to time as she was very kind to her and I could see she was attached.

I've got to mention sue at mymoggy.com here if thats ok, she was fantastic. Also the trustees at SHUA ( safe house for unwanted animals)in Barry S. Wales both do stirling work.

pinklizzy
03-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh yay! I'm so glad she's home! Big hugs all round!

lyn
03-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Thats wonderfull news, bet you will sleep well tonight xx

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
will do lyn, bet I'll be waking up to check she's still here tho ;)

EmmaG
03-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Wooohooooo!!!! Just knew she would be back (did think it would be by the weekend though!! ;-) )

Kazz
03-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Wooohooooo!!!! Just knew she would be back (did think it would be by the weekend though!! ;-) )

Emma it is Thursday therfore before the weekend the key here fellow Mothership dweller ;) :smt024 is we never said which weekend......:cat21

farthing
03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
So glad she is home and safe.:D

EmmaG
03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Emma it is Thursday therfore before the weekend the key here fellow Mothership dweller ;) :smt024 is we never said which weekend......:cat21

hehehe very true!!!!

Shelley123
03-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Wonderful news, the best i've had all day. I am so pleased for you, you have had an awful time. Sounds like Posh has been lapping up all the attention.
Strange but i nearly said last night that i felt someone had taken her in and about Cats having no loyalties but i was afraid it might upset you.

Donna
04-06-2010, 12:09 AM
good news! So pleased Posh is home x

pookyandjo
04-06-2010, 12:38 AM
That is absolutely fantastic news!!!:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

im glad that the womans son decided to makes some calls as it seems the lady herself almost didn't want to take the chance that the rightful owner would be found...
its sad that she doesn't get out much but no excuse to hold on to a pet that is obviously not a stray and had been well looked after... even if the tag wasn't engraved the fact that she was wearing a collar is an excellent indication that she is a loved pet... ( i mean... cats dont go and buy themselves collars do they!!) maybe she needs to invest in a kitten or rehome an older cat if she enjoys having one around...

...stepping off my soap box now.......

that said.... im hoping that PP realises how lucky she is to be back home and how worried you were... although i suspect that the amount of hugs and kisses you showered on her where a small hint;)

Kobster
04-06-2010, 05:04 AM
SOOOOO Happy that she is home safe and sound!!

PoshPuss
04-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Emma and Kazz, you should set up an agency girls, there must be a niche in the market for cat psychics :lol:

The lady who took her in (she's a Mrs Morgan too!) seemed to have fallen for Posh and yes, I guess she was hoping she would get to keep her. I think this was a genuine kindness tho as she was very sorry that she hadn't acted earlier; I think her son must have insisted that the vets etc be contacted as he could see his mum was getting too attached. She has an old blind cat called Garfield, maybe she thought Posh would be a lovely companion. Perhaps I'll phone her son and see what he thinks of getting her another cat. I understand she's recently widowed, she is looking to give a lot of love to someone. Posh was groomed and given lots of love... lucky old puss!

dandysmom
04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Would you believe I dreamed about Posh last night? I had found her and she was staying with me until you could pick her up. She was very angry at being enclosed in the house, kept scratching at the doors and windows; but I woke up in the dream and she had come to bed with me and was snuggled up to my side.......

You might think Posh has been on my mind lately! :)

PoshPuss
04-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Glad she gave you cuddles after her moody fit in your dream. :) Funny but all the time she was missing I never dreamt of her, when I could sleep that is, she was my last and waking thought though. She never scratches the door just cries to go out, but I've had a few play scratches from her when my tickles hit a soft spot! :lol:

Phoenix
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Brilliant news PP!

So glad she's home, you must be so relieved!

calismum
07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
I am so very happy for you. I can't imagine the emotional trauma you've ben through. Really pleased she has been well looked after.

Chin tickles and a finger wagging - don't be upsetting us all again little lady.