PDA

View Full Version : Jason's check up!

aliwin
02-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Well I took my old boy this morning and the vet was amazed at his lovely condition too. She reckoned I must have magic water at my house :lol: He has a little muscle wastage and arthritis around his back legs but nothing too bad yet. Heart, lungs, kidneys all fine. Ears need a bit of a clean and his slight scabbing from the sun doesn't look at all cancerous. I explained to the vet that he has always worn sunblock and usually a nice yellow one so I know when he has washed it off :lol: His teeth were also good with only a slight patch of gingivitus. Only sad note is that he is almost completely blind, not cataracts so nothing to be done. Once again I am coming away feeling very relieved.

So I now have 2 of the 3 wise cats hear no evil and see no evil :lol: :lol:

Mags
02-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Glad to hear Jason has come away with a clean bill of health apart from his deteriorating eyesight.

You must be very relieved that you have two cats who passed their MOT's this week!:D

angieh
02-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Great news aliwin. Good for Jason.

By the way, what sun block do you use for Jason? I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to put some on Pip's ears as he has white tips, especially on one ear.

aliwin
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I use the baby sunblock, hypoallergenic ones. There is a range of mr men ones that are in different colours so I know when he has washed it off. :lol: Well worth it as he hasn't much fur on his ears and they are very white. I think without it they would have been cancerous years ago. The vet said it was a good job I had as she has had to amputate loads of ear tips!! I would recomend that you do :D

angieh
02-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks aliwin - it's Pip's first Summer, so I'd like to keep him safe!

dandysmom
02-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Super news about Jason! You must be so relieved. :)

Shelley123
03-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Good news about Jason but sorry to hear he's almost blind. I assume he has adapted well to it.

aliwin
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Good news about Jason but sorry to hear he's almost blind. I assume he has adapted well to it.

Yes he's doing very well thanks. The only issue we have is him trampling on my head at night when I'm in bed :lol: I have to keep very still when he is standing on my cheek otherwise he digs his claws in :shock: :lol:

Kobster
04-06-2010, 05:08 AM
So glad to hear his check up went well! Its always such a relief isn't it! I think we need new pictures to celebrate!

PoshPuss
04-06-2010, 06:06 AM
how old is Jason? amazing how cats cope with failing health, they are very resiliant creatures; like old soldiers, they never give in! yep, pictures would be nice :)

aliwin
04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
He's 16!! I will get onto some new pics for you today :D

pookyandjo
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
glad Jason got a clean bill of health... long may it continue!.. would love to see some new pics!!