PDA

View Full Version : Hestia likes raw!!!

Tink
02-06-2010, 04:45 AM
She has discovered that raw ground beef is DELICIOUS and will actually stand her ground to anyone who gets in the way! who knew the fluffy declawed picky one would be the natural predator? kuan yin is the alpha around here and hestia actually stood up to her to defend her meat today. i'm shocked. suppose i should buy a couple other meats for her to try out, we might just end up with a raw fed kitty here :lol:

angieh
02-06-2010, 01:39 PM
It's lovely to find something that really appeals to a cat, isn't it? I've still to find something that my two will "go bananas" over.

The minced beef was previously frozen, I expect Tink???! (Just in case new cat owners read this!)

fancyabrew
02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
It's lovely to find something that really appeals to a cat, isn't it? I've still to find something that my two will "go bananas" over.

The minced beef was previously frozen, I expect Tink???! (Just in case new cat owners read this!)

whiskas dentabits, chloe will do ANYTHING or go ANYWHERE for them. Apart from a couple of weeks ago when she spent a good 20 mins trying to get a massive slow-worm from underneth next doors
plant pots, she even turned down dentabits and would not be moved from her quest, which she did eventually give up!

dandysmom
02-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Good for Hestia, turning into a little tigress defending her prey! I too wish there was something special that Leia really adored. (Ms Picky)

Tink
03-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh yes definitely previously frozen :D
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised as once she got out and brought me a freshly killed bird :shock: She just seems like such a queen bee it surprises me she still has those instincts :lol:

dandysmom
03-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Tink, I think it's hard-wired. Leia's an indoor cat, grew up in an apartment, mother never taught her to hunt; but the one time a rat got in the house she killed it immediately with the nape bite ... no playing around with it like the mice. The primitive isn't far below the skin of our pampered babies.

Tink
03-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Yes true Eileen..it's so easy to forget though! :lol:

Shelley123
03-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Does the raw meat have to have been previously frozen to kill bacteria, parasites etc ?

tishmez
16-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Its more convenient to have frozen meat, then fed defrosted naturally and fed raw. From what I have read cats and dogs do not suffer the bacteria issues humans do and as most meats are for humans they are "clean".

I found that mine didnt like "bird" meat, ie chicken/turkey but started with lamb which apparently is sweet tasting. They now eat anything .