PDA

View Full Version : We're back from the vets!

aliwin
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Well the good news is that the vet says she is lovely and healthy, great coat, great weight no signs of arthritis. Heart, lungs, kidneys all fine. Teeth that are fantastic, eyesight really good. But stone deaf. Her ears are really clear so she said she can't even blame it on an ear infection. I am so relieved as the news could have been so much worse but still a bit sad as that means she will now have to be restricted where she goes.

Thanks for your support everyone, will need it again tomorrow if you don't mind please as Jason is booked in for 9.10 :lol: :lol:

calismum
01-06-2010, 05:28 PM
That's good news. As you say could have been much worse.

Positive vibes for tomorrow.

Shelley123
01-06-2010, 05:50 PM
aliwin, glad Jess is alright but sorry to hear she is deaf.
Hope everything goes well for Jason tomorrow.

angieh
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Glad that Jess is well, apart from her deafness. I am sure that you will both adapt to that.

Good luck for tomorrow for Jason.

jan
01-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Hya - just caught this thread and your other one about the loud meowing - I was guessing that Jess might be deaf as my Max was totally deaf - we noticed he was nt responding to noises, did nt come when called and he used to meow so loud it made you jump out your skin! The one thing I did do was decide to keep Max in as he would nt hear the traffic though how long before we noticed for sure and he had been going out i could nt say. But as he was inclined to just pole out without looking it gave me peace of mind. I see you live in a cul de sac so its likely easier to keep an eye on Jess but I dont think Jess will really care that she is deaf. Aside from when we had Max sadly p t s just over a month ago and I felt inadequate that I could nt talk to him and we had to just keep stroking him it caused no problems.

Jan x

dandysmom
01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Very relieved about the good health in general! So it was deafness; sure you'll both cope with it now; could have been so much worse.

Definitely sending good vibes for tomorrow!

aliwin
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Hya - just caught this thread and your other one about the loud meowing - I was guessing that Jess might be deaf as my Max was totally deaf - we noticed he was nt responding to noises, did nt come when called and he used to meow so loud it made you jump out your skin! The one thing I did do was decide to keep Max in as he would nt hear the traffic though how long before we noticed for sure and he had been going out i could nt say. But as he was inclined to just pole out without looking it gave me peace of mind. I see you live in a cul de sac so its likely easier to keep an eye on Jess but I dont think Jess will really care that she is deaf. Aside from when we had Max sadly p t s just over a month ago and I felt inadequate that I could nt talk to him and we had to just keep stroking him it caused no problems.

Jan x

Aw bless him. I'm not sure how long Jess has been deaf for either but I'm guessing at months rather than weeks :oops: She is always fairly close to where I am so I just haven't noticed. She doesn't seem any different really other than this most ridiculous meow. I know just what you mean about it making you jump out of your skin :lol: :lol: It doesn't seem quite right though to be relieved that she is 'only' deaf! :? but I really am! Going to let all the neighbours know tomorrow too just incase she gets out. It's ok they already think I'm nuts :lol:

yola
01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
That's not such a bad thing - never had a deaf cat myself, but a friend's cat was and as his hearing loss was gradual he adapted and managed perfectly well. He used to love sitting by the railway line at the end of her garden :shock: of course we soon realised that he could feel the trains coming rather than hear them!

aliwin
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: glad I don't live by the railway! Not sure my nerves would stand it!

Elaine
02-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Sorry to here that Jess is deaf but you are right to feel relieved as it could have been sooo much worse. I am sure she copes with it better than you do;) .
All the very best for your vet apt this morning xxx

Kobster
02-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Glad its nothing more sinister. I'm sure she will adapt just fine, if she hasn't already!