PDA

View Full Version : Cat collars

Netty
29-05-2010, 06:53 PM
How long does it usually take for a cat to get used to a collar? Last week Benny got about 5 wee birds, so I decided it was time for a collar. He keeps running around the house, trying to bite it and walking backwards as if he can get it off that way!

yola
29-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Sometimes they never get used to them. None of mine would ever countenance a collar - Ferdy was allergic and it made him loose all the fur around his neck. The others just hated them when I tried.

I would suggest sticking with it for 3-5 days depending on how stressed your cat is becoming. If Benny doesn't get used to it then I would say it's a lost cause and advise all local birds to look out ;)

dandysmom
29-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I've never used them as my cats are indoors only, so can't comment. If it's stressing him that badly I wouldn't use it ......

Netty
29-05-2010, 09:31 PM
He isnt really stressed, just a bit confused! Whenever he moves, the bell rings and he stares down at it. I will probably leave it on for a few days n see how it goes. I was thinking about all the baby birdies leaving the nest, they wouldnt stand a chance!!

dandysmom
29-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I hate to say this. Netty, but a skilled hunter can learn to stalk so carefully the bell will not jingle ......

Netty
29-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Hubby just said the exact same thing! Might as well give up and remove it. I will just have to watch him if he sneaks up on any, then I can be the warning!! lol