PDA

View Full Version : Bedding change......Yeah

Kazz
29-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Another thread for us to chat on.

Well thought I would update you on my health progress........I have managed well not managed easily suceeded in changing the fitted sheet, quilt cover and all 4 pillows...............easily...........now having a bit of a sit down and browse on here Sainsburys have delivered.......and been put away. May have a little something for lunch then a shower or shower then luch.....descisions descisions............;)

Mags
29-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I changed all mine yesterday but oh how I hate wrestling with the duvet cover :roll:

I think you did well Kazz!

Kazz
29-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I find it dead easy......I put the quilt cover out then take end of quilt pull cover down over it and then the other corner then the third then the fourth and shake slightly.

Mags
29-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I find it dead easy......I put the quilt cover out then take end of quilt pull cover down over it and then the other corner then the third then the fourth and shake slightly.
I end up having to put pegs on the corners of my quilt before I shake it!:-D

Kazz
29-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Shake from the middle.............

calismum
29-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I find duvets a nightmare too - I think it has the makins of an olympic sport. Then we could all watch and copy the best technique!!

Glad you felt up to the challenge Kazz.

angieh
29-05-2010, 12:56 PM
With my COPD, changing the bed is the most difficulty "ordinary" task! All the other women on my pulmonary rehab course said the same. One woman said that it's not difficult if you do it properly ..... but she didn't come back, so I never learned how she did it!

A couple of days ago, I did our bed and was "helped" by both Pip and Kizzy! Luckily I was not in a hurry, but I just had to keep sitting down because not only was I puffing, but I couldn't stop laughing either!

yola
29-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Bed linen changing is usually my task. I have king size duvets on all the double-sized beds; stops them sliding off. Don't really find it a problem as such, just lots of matching up of corners and vigorous shaking.

The only problem happens when Myshka decides to help. He got himself inside the duvet cover a couple of months ago - pouncing on something in the corner. I only noticed when I'd 3 parts done up the buttons!! Had to fish the little money out and start again :roll:

dandysmom
29-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Getting the fitted sheet to fit is the hardest part for me. I use a quilt rather than a duvet. Dandy loved making eds ... had to keep plucking him off as he was most helpful! Leia says that is a job for the staff! :mrgreen: