PDA

View Full Version : Sasha gone missing

Kim
28-05-2010, 09:03 PM
My OH made sure all the cats were in the kitchen for the night, but this morning Sasha wasn't there and hasn't come back all day. This is so unlike her. She spends her day in the conservatory and the evening on our lap. She rarely goes out and if she does it is just for a few minutes. Sasha is about 13/14 years old, in good health and a very loving cat, she purrs when you approach her. I am so, so worried. We have put up posters, put notes through doors and contacted our vet and have driven and walked round the neighbourhood umpteen times. Just wish she would come home :cry:

My lovely girl
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Brenkim/DSCF0017.jpg

yola
28-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Oh no. Not another missing puss. Kim, I wish with all my heart that Sasha's just shut in somewhere and will come bounding home very, very soon.

You must be sick with worry - I know I would be :(

Tink
28-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Sending good vibes your way that Sasha will be found very soon!..

angieh
28-05-2010, 09:20 PM
So sorry Kim - hoping with all I have that Sasha comes home very very soon. ((((HUGS))))

Elaine
28-05-2010, 09:24 PM
So sorry Kim, I hope she comes home very very soon xxxx

alexgirl73
28-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Sending lots of 'go home' vibes to Sasha Kim, and sending ((hugs)) to you xx

dandysmom
28-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Oh Kim, so sorry, what a worry! Sending homing vibes; hope she'll be home soon.

calismum
28-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I do hope your girl finds her way home very soon. ((hugs))

Kay
28-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Thinking of you Kim and hoping Sasha wanders home asap. xx

Mags
28-05-2010, 11:37 PM
So sorry Kim, I hope Sasha will find her way home soon......

Kazz
28-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Is there something in the water.........so sorry to hear this Kim. I can't drive at the moment or be much use at the moment but would have volunteered to come over and put up posters etc.......I hope she has just popped out and had old cat forgetfulness and found somewhere warm to sleep and is home by tomorrow........ Fingers crossed.

Karen

Kim
29-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Is there something in the water.........so sorry to hear this Kim. I can't drive at the moment or be much use at the moment but would have volunteered to come over and put up posters etc.......I hope she has just popped out and had old cat forgetfulness and found somewhere warm to sleep and is home by tomorrow........ Fingers crossed.

Karen

Bless you Karen, that is very kind of you. Thank you all for your replies. We put posters up yesterday and notes through doors and spoken to neighbours. Still no sign of her. I just feel so sad and empty and can't settle and feel so tearful. I know we shouldn't have favourites, but Sasha was my favourite. She is so dog savvy it made us smile and she is so loving and gentle. If you felt stressed stroking her made you feel better. Oh, I love her and miss her so much. :cry:

Moli
29-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Hoping she is home soon.............

angieh
29-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I am very sorry to see Sasha is not home yet. Come home you silly girlie. Fingers crossed for you Kim ((((HUGS))))

Kazz
29-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I know this sounds silly but she is not in the house is she? in under a bed, in a wardrobe/cupboard.......under kitchen cupboard asleep in airing cupboard or whereever you have a stack of sheets/towels/quilts.....even places you do not think she will be.

Mags
29-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I agree with Kazz, check under the bed drawers ........Cassie went missing years ago and it wasn't until we were awoken with her cries during the night that we found her at the back of the drawer.

Fingers crossed she shows up soon, Kim...

Kim
29-05-2010, 02:08 PM
A neighbour found her in his garden, she is dead, but hadn't been gone long, I think she was trying to get home. Bless her, the worst news, but at least we have closure as my mind was working overtime. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

EmmaG
29-05-2010, 02:22 PM
So sorry to hear this Kim RIP pretty girl :-(

alexgirl73
29-05-2010, 02:29 PM
oh Kim :( So very, very sorry xxx

Mags
29-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm so, so sorry to hear this, Kim :cry:

Kim
29-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I feel absolutely terrible, I just can't stop crying. I loved her so, so much and I can't believe I won't hear her loud purr again. She really was the most wonderful cat ever, never to be replaced and I just can't believe she is gone. I have her wrapped in a blanket on her favourite chair in the conservatory. I just don't know what to to do........ How can I say goodbye? Life is so unfair sometimes. RIP my most wonderful, beautiful girl, you were so much loved. xx

yola
29-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Kim I am so very sorry to be reading this. How terrible :cry:

When my Darcy went so suddenly I spent a couple of hours just sitting with him, crying, stroking him and talking to him whilst he was wrapped in my cream pashmina on the sofa. It does help to ease the shock of their death and helps you move through the pain.

Thinking of you.

kado
29-05-2010, 03:15 PM
So so sorry Kim. My heart goes out to you

angieh
29-05-2010, 03:43 PM
That's such sad news Kim. ((((HUGS)))) for you. RIP Sasha - go play with the other Catsey cats, sweetheart.

PoshPuss
29-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry you are going through all this anguish and pain. Just hold your darling baby and weep for a while then gently say goodbye. I grieve with you too, even though my baby girl is still not to be found, I feel your pain.
:cry:

pookyandjo
29-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss Kim... As small consolation as it is at least you have her back with you to say goodbye.. RIP little girl.. your mummy loved you so <3

dandysmom
29-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Oh Kim, I'm s so sorry for you loss......

Kazz
29-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh I am so so sorry to hear this news....yet relieved you have closure its the wondering where they are that is so nerve shattering. Will you bury her in the garden? I buried both Oz and Cleo in the garden in my sweatshirt/tshirt.

RIP Sasha......and Kim take care tears are good.

Kim
29-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks all. I have held her and cuddled her, I love her so much...... Kazz, yes we will bury her in the garden near Misty. It is only 7 weeks tomorrow that we lost him, very hard times at the moment. We have gone from a 4 cat to a 2 cat household in a short time.

Kazz
29-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Its horrible isn't it. In a little over 18 months I went from 2 dogs 2 cats to 1 dog......the cats were expected but like your loss of Sasha Tess's was unexpected and hit home harder due to the nature of the loss.

Take care.

Shelley123
29-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Kim, so sorry to hear of your loss of Sasha.

Elaine
29-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh Kim, I am so terribly sorry for your loss, not a good year for you, sending many hugs to you and your family xxxxx

Tink
30-05-2010, 01:59 AM
I am so very sorry to be reading this..hugs and love for you and yours.

Donna
30-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I am so sorry Kim :-(

aliwin
30-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Kim, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Enjoy the sunshine at the bridge pretty one :(

Kobster
31-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss!

Kim
31-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Still feeling empty and lost after losing Sasha, I think the way it happened and suddeness of it all is too much. Feeling very teary. As Kazz knows, I feel I let her down, not being able to help her when she needed me most. We did try as much as we could, and it seems likely she wasn't far away. Most of the neighbours checked their gardens, but one house who sides onto ours is empty and we couldn't get in their garden, which is quite overgrown now. We did look over the fence and called Sasha lots of times, but I hate to think she was lying in there injured or ill so near and yet we didn't help her. I really do miss her so much. :cry:

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Thought I would post these photos of her taken only a few days ago.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Brenkim/sashaCaleb1.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Brenkim/sashaCaleb2.jpg

angieh
31-05-2010, 08:34 PM
She was a very beautiful girl, Kim. I do sympathise with you, especially the way she went. I have heard, although I have never found it to be true myself that cats sometimes do go away to die on their own. It is probably impossible not to be hard on yourself, but you did all you could and I am sure that loving you as Sasha did and as you did her, she would not blame you in the least. I am very glad that you did find her and were able to say goodbye. It's a horrible time you are going through but please don't make it worse by being harder on yourself than you need to. ((((HUGS))))

Shelley123
31-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I cannot realy add to what Angie has already said, but just to reiterate i have heard to that animals sometimes go away to die, perhaps she didn't want to be found ?
I love the pictures, thank you for sharing them, what a pretty Cat and lovely Dog.

dandysmom
31-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I agree about the going away to die; that's what everyone told us when my childhood outdoor cat did not come home ... he was 17. At least you did get to hold her, say goodbye, and know she's sleeping peacefully in the garden where she was happy and so loved. Please don't blame yourself. (((hugs)))

EmmaG
31-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Kim you can never second guess a cat. Perhaps she knew that she didn't have long, please don't beat yourself up, she wouldn't have wanted you to do that.

Please try and think about the good times you had with her. xxxxxx

calismum
31-05-2010, 10:46 PM
So sorry to be reading this Kim. I too have heard that animals know when it is there time. I fully understand how you must feel, it is never easy to lose someone you love.

RIP sweetie.

CM xx

Moli
31-05-2010, 10:54 PM
So very sorry Kim.....
Run free little girl...........xx

Kim
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank-you all - it does help to express how I feel amongst people who understand.

borderdawn
01-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Really dorry to hear this Kim. I went through the same with Jazz some years ago. Finding them is almost as bad as not knowing.

jan
03-06-2010, 11:15 PM
My heart goes out to you Kim I am so, so sorry - try and think of happier times and the love and laughter you shared over the years. Hugs Jan x