PDA

View Full Version : A question about cat litter

harry25
21-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi

Just wondering how much cat litter people use and how long it lasts.

Can you tell me:

a) do you use clumping or non clumping
b) What size bag you buy
c) How much you put in the tray
d) How long the bag lasts you

Many thanks

maxiesmum
21-05-2010, 08:34 PM
i personally use the wood pellets, they smell so much nicer than the other stuff. Max is very much an outdoor cat so rarely uses his litter tray but in the winter when he is indoors more often then i generally fill his tray about a couple inches as the pellets expand and turn into sawdust when wet!, scoop the poop out daily and then change the littler weekly,

dandysmom
21-05-2010, 09:52 PM
One indoor only cat.

Non-clumping
10 lb. bag
never measured, guess about 2"
I think about 10 days or so.

Scoop solids as soon as they appear; change when t needs it, which varies.

Kim
22-05-2010, 01:08 PM
I use wood type pellets too, definitely clumping as the waste is then so easy to remove. A good couple of inches thick. I scoop out waste several times a day and wash out the tray every few days. I buy the largest bag they do, more economical that way! ;)

fancyabrew
24-05-2010, 12:32 PM
another vote for wood pellets. chloe generally goes outside for a Donald Trump but does pee in the tray

farthing
24-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I use Tesco's value, 10-12 bags a week- 12 cats.
I have 12 litter trays and clean them out every other day ( mainly indoor cats) and put about an inch of litter in the bottom. I pick up poop once, maybe twice a day.

harry25
28-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Thank you for your replies. x

sookie wookie
30-05-2010, 10:29 AM
wood pellets here too I get different sized bags depending on what's available. I remove solids as soon as she has done them and it usually lasts a few days before needing changing.

My cat goes outdoors but for some reason always comes in to do her business!