PDA

View Full Version : Posh is MISSING!

PoshPuss
20-05-2010, 07:14 AM
OMG, I'm distraught, I'm such a mess. Been up half the night and early morning out in the car looking for her, can't type through :cry: these tears !!!:cry:
posh went out into the garden yesterday at about 6pm, she's nevr out ther more than 40mins, max. Only goes to a neighbours garden but mostly sits on our perspex roof and surveys her lot! She never goes far, and comes bounding home. She'd gone an hour and I called her but no sound of her small collar bell. Anyway, I had to go out for the evening so left my dad and Ceri at home, thinking she'd be there when I got back. NO sign of her at all at 10.30, dad had been out calling her, we left the back door open. I stayed up til midnight and went out kerb crawling in the car. NOTHING! :(

Kept the back door open all night, got up at 5.30, no Posh. I really expected her to be in curled up on her cushion.I'm in bits now....

Been out again, no sign of her, spoken to the papergirl, can't wait for the rest of the neighbourhood to wake up. I can't believe this is happening, I'm bereft. This is not like her at all, please God let her be ok. :cry: :cry:

MrsH
20-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh Goodness! I hope she turns up ok soon! At the moment it's a very attractive time of year for cats outside, our Molly is a very nervous cat who spends all her time upstairs but for the last couple of days she's been in the back garden and won't come in. The weather is warmer and there are baby birds around and this seems to be stirring her instincts.

Fingers crossed that Posh comes running in for her breakfast any minute now.

yola
20-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Oh Nette . . . . I don't know what to say! I hope she's just made herself at home around a neighbourhood house without their knowledge and as soon as folk wake up she'll be let out. I really, really hope so.

Does she have her address details on her collar as well as a bell?

Big, big hugs to you - I know how I'd be feeling if it were one of mine!

candyshandy
20-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Fingers crossed you find her soon (((hugs)))

Kay
20-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Nette have you asked your neighbours to check their sheds. She may have wandered into one and got shut in. It is the time of year when sheds are in a lot of use due to gardening.

I am sure she will come back. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

alexgirl73
20-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I can understand how upset you are, I know how we were in November when Broxi disappeared :( He came back after 2 days, but I didn't sleep or eat for those. I made up a leaflet on the PC and posted it through my street and neighbouring ones, put up posters etc, it kept me occupied and gave me a focus.

Sending lots of come home vibes to Posh, and lots of ((hugs)) to you xx

Mags
20-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I hope she turns up soon, Nette ........ the warmer weather does tend to make cats lose track of time and such like so hopefully she'll wander back in very soon. (((hugs)))

Phoenix
20-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I hope Posh turns up soon PoshPuss

PoshPuss
20-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks girls, i've searched all around and asked neighbours to check sheds and garages. No idea what could have made her take off, she is usually so reliable, never goes far and looks for her home comforts. Ive made up a flyer but now my printer has failed :( so its just word of mouth and looking for now. Wish me luck xxx

Mags
20-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry there's still no sight of Post, Nette:(

Check out the information on this sticky (http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077) ......... there may be something you haven't thought to check out yet.

Good luck!

Moli
20-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Hope she comes home soon...

dandysmom
20-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Praying hard for her speedy return; it's so horrible not knowing and imagining the worst... :((((hugs)))

Kazz
20-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Hope she is home soon.....they have no idea they worry you so much, just asking you are sure she is out of the house.....spent hours searching for Cleo once to find her in a drawer under the bed.....no idea how she got in there.....only found her from frantic meowing hours and hours later...night and half a day...when I imagine she either needed a wee or heard the food.

calismum
20-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Sending lots of come home now vibes your way.

(((hugs)))

farthing
20-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Hope you find her soon.

Donna
20-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Hope she turns up soon x

angieh
20-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh PP - just signed in and saw your thread. I am hoping and praying Posh comes home really soon.

PoshPuss
20-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I've done everything in my power to find her, I'm so tired now and my eyes are red raw. I'm praying and hoping now.
Keeping the door open again tonight, will be putting up posters tomorrow and flyers thru doors too.
Can't believe I won't ever see her again, but I may have to face that. Keep sending vibes out for her please. I keep Chester's story in my mind and know that it can happen. xxx

aliwin
20-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I have everything crossed for you here for a safe return xxx

dandysmom
20-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Chester and Hesita too ... keep thinking positive. Is she friendly; would she let a stranger pick her up? Vibes continue here, PP.

yola
20-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Annette - don't lose hope; please.

It is early days - cats go walkabout quite often, especially when the weather changes to warm. Mate - if I lived closer I'd be there pounding the streets with you, knocking on doors and looking for Posh.

You've been so very strong over the last few months; amazingly so. Posh needs you to be thinking straight to try and work out where she might be and not panicking and worrying.

You have all my available vibes heading your way down the M4.

Tink
20-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh no I am only catching up with this now. I will send lots of come home vibes. I know that you must feel wrecked.
One thing that has helped me before is putting their litter box outside the door. I think it helps them find their scent faster if they're disoriented.
We will be thinking and hoping for you.

PoshPuss
21-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Going out this weekend posting flyers thru doors and more posters on lamposts, won't stop looking for her, hoping & praying hard. Following the tips that Smudgley posted at the top of the thread. Covering all angles, local press & radio if not home by Monday.

Still have a nagging feeling that she's gone 'home' to her original place; after all she strayed into us, 3 and a half years ago. Maybe she's a commitment phobic :)

I used to think she turned up like an angel, out of the blue, was it for a purpose? She's seen us thru some hard times, mam's heart attack, Bron's passing, Ceri's stroke; was it her time to go now? Sorry, i'm rambling now...

keep us in your thoughts & prayers, xxxx

Kim
21-05-2010, 05:42 PM
So sorry to hear she still isn't back. :( I will keep hoping and praying for her safe return.

Phoenix
21-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Sending "come home safely and quickly" vibes to Posh.

angieh
21-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Don't loose hope PP - I can see how you're thinking, but it's much more likely she thought nice evening and wandered a bit further than she should and has lost herself, or maybe she's got herself shut in a shed. It is very early days and huge possibilities that she will be found safe and sound. We are all sending strong homeward vibes from here. ((((HUGS))))

dandysmom
21-05-2010, 08:03 PM
And from here too....(((hugs)))

Phoenix
22-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Any news yet PP?

(((*Praying Posh has turned up*)))

Moli
22-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Everything crossed she comes home soon...

PoshPuss
22-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Nothing at all, felt hopeful she'd come home today, but really sad tonight. Feeling that I'll never see her again, have put her dishes and toys away, can't bear to see them now. Putting up posters with her pic on was so hard. :(

angieh
22-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Oh Nette ......... don't give up, remember Chester!

Shelley123
22-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Don't give up hope, she's not been missing long although i know it will feel like forever for you.
Sending good vibes that she will return soon.

dandysmom
22-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Chester, Tink's Hestia, Aex's Broxi ... all home where they belong.. Praying Posh will be also soon ......

PoshPuss
23-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Another day and more disappointment that she didn't come home in the night. I leave a door open to the utility room and dry food and water there. It's very quiet in our cul-de-sac, I'd hear a cat crying in the still of the night, no problem. Woke to the dawn chorus tho and a beautiful day. Praying that wherever she is, she is safe and fed.
It's early days and maybe she's s bit more astute than the dizzy blonde I took her to be :)

angieh
23-05-2010, 12:45 PM
So sorry the news isn't better Nette. We are still wishing for Posh's safe return here and will continue to do so until she is safely home again.

pinklizzy
23-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Everything crossed for you here too, come home soon Posh xx

Elaine
23-05-2010, 04:39 PM
So sorry to read this PP, I hope she returns safe and well very very soon xxxx

PoshPuss
24-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Five nights now, feel calmer and more hopeful coz I'm hearing about more wandering cats who return home after a few weeks. I'm praying I'll be one of these lucky owners who get the joy of a reunion.

MrsH
24-05-2010, 10:23 AM
So sorry she's not back just yet :( the hot weather is due to change and get cooler over the next few days, there's a possibility of some rain today or tomorrow I think, maybe the weather change will encourage her back home.

Mags
24-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Stay positive Nette, this warm weather is like a magnet to many cats.

Cassie stayed out last night, she just refused to come in when I called her. Fortunately she had returned in the early hours.

As MrsH says, a change in the weather may bring her back so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

angieh
24-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Me too, fingers crossed Nette. This break in the weather could be just the thing to bring her home.

dandysmom
24-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Still praying, Nette .....

Elaine
24-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Is she micro chipped? Have you called and informed local rescues etc? What about local radio and newspapers?
Dont despair as yet, she may be closer than you think. xxxx

calismum
24-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Keep positive - I hope you have good news very soon. xx

PoshPuss
24-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Elaine, she's microchipped and wearing a collar, but the name tag is blank ( I never got round to having it engraved and its a recent perchase :oops: ) I've informed the local paper but not radio. The lamposts are covered and I've got lots of friends spreading the word in town as well as the vets, the postie, window cleaner & newspaper shop. The nearest dog kennels are aware too, even tho they don't take in cats they are sympathetic and will report back to us.

It's like she vanished in an instant! Like Mary Poppins, here, now gone!

Elaine
24-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Such a worry. Has any one in the neighbourhood gone on holiday over the last wee while that she has gone missing? Could it be possible that some one has started feeding her?

just throwing questions about incase they may be of any use.
Dont give up hope though as I have heard of cats gone missing for up to six weeks and then have re-apeared.

Hope you find her soon xxxx

PoshPuss
25-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks Elaine, no signs again this morning. All my immediate neighbours are aware and very sympathetic as they know how much Posh means to us. Like other girls have said on here, it may be a bit of May madness in her and she'll turn up when she feels fit. I wouldn't be at all surprised that someone is feeding her, she is a demanding diva and very appealing :) hope they notice all the posters around. I'm lucky to live in a place where the community still has lots of links and people know people & word gets around.

angieh
26-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Saw on the daily thread she's been spotted - I have everything crossed now for her safe return.

Moli
26-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Everything crossed here, praying she comes home soon.............

alexgirl73
26-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Hoping someone gets ahold of her soon Nette xx Sounds like she's got herself lost silly girl xx

Elaine
26-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Saw on the daily thread she's been spotted - I have everything crossed now for her safe return.

That's encouraging, hope she comes home to you very soon. xxx

PoshPuss
26-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Been kerbcrawling around the area where she was spotted last, didn't see her but did stop and do some fly posting and asking anyone who was out. It's started to rain here, I hope it will provoke her to head home, she hates getting wet. Hopes are raised and I'm relying on Kazz's psychic powers :) and all the 'get home' vibes you folks are sending out. xxx

yola
26-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Keep up the good work Nette. Thankfully you have quite a community there; I'm sure many will be looking out for our Posh and will notify you as soon as she turns up.

Kazz
26-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Did you ask the lady who saw her to phone you if she see's her again?

PoshPuss
27-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Can't remember Kazz, she is a cat-lady too so I think she'd approach her and pick her up this time, I explained that Posh is a softie. I'm sure she's on the look out now :)

pinklizzy
27-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I just wish I was a bit closer to you Nette and could come and help you look. Too far away I know but I rang the neighbouring practices here to ask them to look out for her.
Thinking of you.

Kazz
27-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I also assume you have phoned the local CP branches.........and speak to the lost and found lady/man as well personaly......as well as general enquires.

pookyandjo
28-05-2010, 12:07 PM
just catching up on this thread.... im so sorry PP that Posh has gone walkabout... sending "get home right now" messages across the pond...i would be out of my mind with worry by now..the fact that you haven't found any evidence of her laying around might indicate that she is holed up somewhere and being fed
take care xox

PoshPuss
28-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I think she is sitting pretty too Jo :) At least I'm convincing myself to think of that coz the alternative is unbearable. It's been a long week and she is my waking thought and my last of the night. The weather still mild & dry and she has not had bad elements to deal with yet, so if she's still al fresco she's coping ok it seems.

Kazz
29-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Any news??????

PoshPuss
29-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Ten whole days... I felt certain she would be home by now, that someone would call and say she's been picked up and scanned and she's coming home. Now, after reading about Sasha I'm sick with worry and tearful. Perhaps the cat seen in Abercwmboi was not her, what if she's sick or has died alone in a garden. I can't bear this anymore....

angieh
29-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm sending you a big hug Nette - there really is nothing else to say at a time like this.

dandysmom
29-05-2010, 04:21 PM
It's the not knowing that tears you up ........ (((hugs)))

Kim
29-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm so sorry Annette. My heart really does go out to you, truly. Many years ago our cat, Musetta went missing and we never knew what happened to her, so I do understand your pain. I agree the 'not knowing' tears you apart. My mind was certainly working overtime about Sasha and although finding her dead is dreadful at least we do have closure. (((hugs)))

Amber_Leigh1
29-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm so sorry to read this Annette - I know exactly how you feel as I'm sure many do that have experienced this at one time or another. Try and stay strong xx

aliwin
30-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Was hoping to be reading of a happy reunion as I've not been on for a while. So sorry she is still missing but don't give up hope yet. One of my friends cats has just returned after going missing a year ago. Try to stay positive.

Sending lots more come home vibes xxxx

Kobster
31-05-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm so sorry. You must be beside yourself with worry. If it helps, I've known cats to come home months after going missing, sometimes, none the worse for wear.

PoshPuss
02-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Got a call from my vet nurse today at 5pm to say that a lady in the vets had said that she'd seen a cat like Posh less than an hour ago in Union Street in Mountain Ash town. She was in the small car park alongside Providence chapel. Rushed over there straight away, with cat carrier and box of food, called and looked and asked everyone I saw. No sign of her but gave leaflets to anyone passing and put them thru doors in the street. Spoke to a lady who seemed to think she'd seen her a few streets away so went there, did more leaflet drops etc.

More posting to do tomorrow while the weather is good and Ceri is in the Day Hospital. Wish me luck. x

angieh
02-06-2010, 09:36 PM
A huge sackful of good luck from us. Fingers and toes crossed and all vibes for finding her winging their way to you Nette.

Is St. Anthony the patron saint of lost things???

Mags
02-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that those were genuine sightings Nette ...... wishing you loads of luck in your search...

PoshPuss
02-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Thank you, I hope they were sightings of my beloved girl, I will follow any lead tho. I've prayed to St Anthony of Padua, patron of lost things, St Francis of Assisi, animal patron and St Gertrude, patron saint of cats. Even St. Jude, patron saint of lost causes has been invoked and I'm not Catholic but every little helps. ;)

I've been so emotional, its like a roller coaster, some times I believe she's passed on and other times I feel she's only gone on holiday... crazy times.

dandysmom
02-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I am Catholic, Nette, although lapsed, and I've been praying directly to God Himself; will add St. Francis and St. Gertrude, also Mary. Can't hurt.

I do so hope that sighting was Posh ....

Tink
03-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Still sending luck and love and hope your way....

alexgirl73
03-06-2010, 07:57 AM
first thing I do every day is check on here to see if she has come home yet xxx Sending love x

Kazz
03-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Is where she may have been sighted near where she was possibly sighted previously?

Hope its good news...I think it will be still.

aliwin
03-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Really hoping it was her. All fingers and paws crossed this end for you. Good luck xxx

Shelley123
03-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Good luck, i do hope the sighting was of her and that you find her.

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Good news ladies and gents, my beloved Posh is HOME !!!!

The saints answered my prayers and your good vibes brought me comfort and a reconciliation I could have only dreamed about.

She was safe in the comfortable house of a dear lady not far from me, her son suggested she phone the vets to report her finding Posh and so she did. Although I think she was partial to keeping her, she did the right thing. Bless her.

Posh had been with her for 10 days, grooomed and fed and a companion for Garfield a black & white old blind cat. Now she is home and perfectly at ease again, eaten well, grooming and just settling back to normal life... both of us ! :-D

see you later. xxxx

Tink
03-06-2010, 02:18 PM
so pleased to read your update. Now Posh NO MORE adventures for you!! :D

Elaine
03-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Good news ladies and gents, my beloved Posh is HOME !!!!

The saints answered my prayers and your good vibes brought me comfort and a reconciliation I could have only dreamed about.

She was safe in the comfortable house of a dear lady not far from me, her son suggested she phone the vets to report her finding Posh and so she did. Although I think she was partial to keeping her, she did the right thing. Bless her.

Posh had been with her for 10 days, grooomed and fed and a companion for Garfield a black & white old blind cat. Now she is home and perfectly at ease again, eaten well, grooming and just settling back to normal life... both of us ! :-D

see you later. xxxx

Fantastic news, I am so pleased for you all. Had a feeling some one had taken her in....

dandysmom
03-06-2010, 04:01 PM
All I can say is THANK GOD!!!

angieh
03-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm over the moon for you Nette and for Posh too. Best news possible.

Please give our little fluffy adventuress a cuddle from me.

PoshPuss
03-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Overjoyed now. perhaps the mods can lock this thread please, :). x

Kim
03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
That's great news, I am so delighted for you. :)

Kind of that lady to care for her, but she really should have rung vets earlier, it must have crossed her mind that there wasa frantic owner out there.....

mandyb
08-06-2010, 08:17 PM
just put laptop on and thank god shes back such good news. give her lots of hugs x