PDA

View Full Version : Nightwear a fashion choice

Kazz
12-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Well until my recent confinment to the house I had never considered nightwear a fashion statement but was assured today it was....:-D..by my next door neighbour ho was cutting his front grass while I opened the front door he said "feeling better then Karen" I said yes he said we can tell you have stopped wearing the fleecey dressing gown............... and do you know what he is right I was wearing the soft fleecey DG when I felt rough a bit like a comfort blanket I suppose.....so there you go do you have a piece of comfort clothing???

calismum
12-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Not that I am aware of but I do like cuddling into the fluffy DG after a bath or shower but not if I'm just throwing on a robe to go make b/fast or whatever.

If I'm having a couch potato night then I like to be in my joggies and hoodie.

Shelley123
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I recently bought some pajamas, brushed cotton, chocolate background with pink spots and i love them.
They were realy cheap and i thought once i'd washed them they would not be as nice. However i am pleased to say they are just great and realy comfy.

angieh
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I WISH I could find a nice DG - mine is SO OLD and rough. I have tried but can't find the right one. I really want the one Helen Mirren wore in The Queen - trouble is I'm mean and won't pay royal prices!

dandysmom
12-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Interesting point; can't say that I have. My DG is an old navy blue Sulka.

Moli
12-05-2010, 10:22 PM
I have a lovely warm blue fleece dressing gown, have an early bath and put it on....

Kim
13-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a lovely soft cosy DG from Tescos! I love it, it is white with pink spots. I love to cosy up on the sofa watching TV and wearing it.

angieh
13-05-2010, 08:05 PM
This thread has reignited my desire for a warm comfy cosy DG! I NEED a new one. If anyone sees something wonderful please PM me. :cat10 :cat10 :cat10

Edit to say: I've been looking and anything that might be available in XL or larger is out of stock. I've no choice at all, even if I said I didn't care that it was pink (which I don't want actually!). Boo hoo!

EmmaG
13-05-2010, 10:17 PM
My DG is from next - black and I love it!! it is so soft and washes really well.

yola
13-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Don't really wear a dressing gown. I'll usually wear my turquiose zipped and hooded top, otherwise if it's cold or if I'm feeling unwell either my beige or grey ever-so-warm fleece.

Comfort clothing? I rarely lounge around very much, but if I were to name my definitive 'wear something that's comfortable yet presentable' it'd be my 3/4 length TLC Sport jogging bottoms. They're tight and hold all the flab in but at the same time extremely comfortable. Great underneath a smart long-top with boots or with wellies and a waterproof on the allotment . . . or with my soft slipper boots on the sofa with the boys and a DVD.

calismum
14-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Angie - I was in John Lewis last week and they have loads in stock - I'm sure you'd get one 'on-line'

angieh
14-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks, CM - I'll have a look!