PDA

View Full Version : Broken into

Elaine
10-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Just back from walking dogs etc and my flat has been broken into:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Waiting for the cops now.

They were obviously disturbed as nothing has been taken but the door is knackered as is the security door down stairs.

As always no one hears or see's anything.

alexgirl73
10-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh no Elaine :( Thank goodness nothing was taken, but still!! ((hugs))

Elaine
10-05-2010, 04:28 PM
I panic more about the animals than anything else, but Rayne was with me. Think the cats are a little shaken and Rayne has been fussing around them and crying since we got back, whether she senses something ......

dandysmom
10-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh how horrible! You've certainly had more than your share of bad luck lately; thank God nothing was taken nor the cats hurt. Having your privacy violated that way is dreadful; hope the police get there soon, but suspect it'll do no good; no way to find the SOBs. Is the property owner responsible for repairing the doors? (((hugs)))

Shelley123
10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
So sorry to hear this Elaine

Elaine
10-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah, G is off to buy a new lock for the security door, I'm still waiting on the cops, they probably wont arrive till friday:roll:
G said our door is knackered and we will need to buy a new one. Been round neighbours and all are now in agreement that we need a new, secure, security door as the one we have is crap.
Wasnt going to even bother reporting it to the cops as they wont/cannt do anything any way but for the insurance, it needs to be reported.

angieh
10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm so sorry Elaine. I know how it feels - you just have to think that nothing was taken and (hopefully) nothing was defiled or trashed. Hope Bernie and Millie can identify the scumbags.

Your system in Scotland may be different, but you could get a call from Victim Support. I found that funny although perhaps I shouldn't have.

MrsH
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM
What a horrid thing to happen Elaine, are there no security cameras near your flats so that there might be a chance of identifying the b******s :evil:

Kazz
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Dear Lord thats terrbile Elaine. I do feel for you having been broken into in the past.

Don't know how many neighbours you have but have you considered plumping together for a survillance camera for communal area (if you have one)

Glad the animals are okay....

pinklizzy
10-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh no Elaine! How awful for you all, glad the animals are ok and you can get the door secured soon.

Phoenix
10-05-2010, 06:18 PM
How horrible for you Elaine :(

Hope the b@r$t@rd$ get caught :evil:

Elaine
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
t seems to me that thieving junkies never get caught and if they do, nothing is ever done about them. It's all poor me, I'm struggling to feed a habit blah blah.

Easier for them to make life a misery for hard working people than to get themselves sorted out.

calismum
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry - it is a horrid thing to happen - I have to say the police did catch the two 14 year olds that broke into a house I lived in years ago. They were trying to flog some of my stuff outside a pub.

I hope that you manage to get the doors fixed and can put it behind you - it wasn't personal and you and your animals are fine.

Be angry for a wee while and try and move on.

Mags
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
That's terrible Elaine, I can imagine you feel pretty shook up about it too. :(

Thank goodness Bernie and Millie are ok and didn't escape.

I hope the police get some leads and can catch them :evil:

Elaine
10-05-2010, 07:13 PM
The police havent even arrived yet:roll: no surprises there eh?
I get more worried about the animals than anything else. Have my sense of humour back but it is all annoying and an added expense.
G is taking the day off tomorrow to get and fit a new door etc. He has already bought and fitted a new lock for the entry door sown stairs.

yola
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
How awful. I know when it happened here my first panic was for the cats. Thankfully it was only Fifi and Balie at the time and they didn't bother wandering out of the wide-open front door!

Once I'd got over that, the physical sensation of feeling sick at having your own space violated took a while to subside.

Shocking when you have to make your home into a fortress just to keep the scumbags out (and validate the insurance) :(

Elaine
11-05-2010, 06:54 AM
And the police still havent arrived.....

Kazz
11-05-2010, 10:26 AM
And the police still havent arrived.....

Will they give you a crime ref No over the phone.

Have to say when I was broken into the police were brilliant.....and my first thouhts were for the cats, Cleo was fine and in the house a bit shook up but Oz went walk about for almost a day .......scary times.

dandysmom
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Any police yet, Elaine?

Kim
11-05-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Elaine, that is horrible. Sumbags grrrrr Glad the animals are okay. ((hugs))

Tink
11-05-2010, 07:56 PM
So sorry to hear. It is so incredibly violating, isn't it?

Elaine
12-05-2010, 07:16 AM
And still the cops haven't arrived:roll:

dandysmom
12-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Your tax dollars at work, Elaine. Disgusting, isn't it?

Elaine
12-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes very Eileen.:evil:

yola
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Still no show? That's shocking. Ours came out same night and forensics the next morning.

I'd give them a bit of a blast on the phone if I were you . . . .:evil:

angieh
12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Letter to the CC at least. I think our Force responded much the same as Yola's.

angieh
14-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Have they been yet Elaine?

Elaine
15-05-2010, 07:37 AM
They arrived yesterday morning as predicted:roll:
I told them that they shouldnt have rushed:evil:
Rayne tinkled on his shoes and I didnt let on:lol:
They took a statement but are not really interested.

kado
15-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Thats horrible elaine. They dont rush do they. Are the cats ok now. I was broken into twice in 6 months years ago. I hope they catch them shortly. (((Hugs)))

Elaine
15-05-2010, 11:57 AM
The cats are fine thanx, Rayne gave them a good fussing and a wash. They wont catch any one, seems that these things re just a fact of life now.

dandysmom
15-05-2010, 04:09 PM
True, Elaine, but disgusting nonetheless. At least you can file an insurance claim now.