PDA

View Full Version : Restless at 4am

Phoenix
08-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I noticed early this morning (at 4am) that Dylan was really restless :? he was wandering around the house crying, got up to feed him (not what he wanted surprisingly enough:shock: ), checked his water dish (plenty of water in there - changed it anyway) - didn't want that either, tried giving him cuddles to see if that would quiet him, nope not what he was after. He was wandering around the whole house crying :?

He finally settled down at 6:30am, still don't know what he was crying for :?

Any ideas?

angieh
08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
That's odd RCR. Merlin used to do that but he was MUCH older than Dylan when he started and he could always be comforted by cuddles and gently talking.

Has he only done this once so far?

Phoenix
08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
That's odd RCR. Merlin used to do that but he was MUCH older than Dylan when he started and he could always be comforted by cuddles and gently talking.

Has he only done this once so far?

Yes, literally just last night, don't think he's going senile because he's too young to be going senile :? (he's 5 this month)

I think Beauty started going a bit senile near the end but she was at least twice Dylan's age :?

angieh
08-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Maybe something was going on outside in the animal world that Dylan could sense ...................... ?

niki71uk
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
toby does that nearly every day round about 5 am,he's 15 and has been doing it for a few yrs now,he's a general cryer anyway,has been all his life

Phoenix
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe something was going on outside in the animal world that Dylan could sense ...................... ?

Who knows :? All I know is he was having a sing song from 4am to 6:30 am wandering around the house :? :roll:

Was on my bed from 6:30 to 8am (when I got up for work)

calismum
08-05-2010, 06:07 PM
One of my cats used to do thet - we eventually decided it was when he was bored and wanted out.

jacks
08-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Minnie does that sometimes.Walks around the house in the middle of the night doing an awful meow.I usually give her a cuddle and she goes back to sleep.She does it more in the summer when the nights are warmer.

dandysmom
08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Beats me, RCR, he's way too young for senile dementia. That's possible there was something going on outside that he could sense that disturbed him.

farthing
09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
If he was older and it was a regular thing, I would have suggested getting his thyroid and blood pressure checked- but its unlikely in one so young.

Tink
09-05-2010, 08:29 PM
My two seniors used to do this but like everyone said that can't be right. I've also noticed Hestia doing this as of late and she is only middle aged and very aware and in good health. She sometimes quiets down when I pet her and sometimes there is nothing I can do. She started this several months ago. All I can think of is she is bored. The thought came to mind maybe I needed to check her out at the vet though but then I made sure and noticed she is not crying while using th box and still drinking and eating. Who knows sometimes, these cats are hard to please :lol: One night she simply wanted me to WATCH her watch the fireplace. I'm not much help, let me know if you find any more answers than I! :D

Phoenix
09-05-2010, 08:43 PM
He was perfectly fine last night, so still not sure exactly what was causing it :? *shrugs*

EmmaG
09-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Arthur and Bronwyn get up when they hear the birds outside and it is getting light (around 5.15am) every morning.