PDA

View Full Version : Meet Katie.

farthing
07-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Katie's eyes are actually a lot worse than they look here, but I didn't want to stress her out too much.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Rabbits/017-2.jpg

Moli
07-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Poor little mite, they will heal and return to normal won't they??????How the heck did they get that bad!

Mags
07-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Poor rabbit, that looks so sore :(

angieh
08-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Poor poor rabbit. That must be so painful.

Kazz
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
That made me wince...they look sore is she allergic to something? and how did they get that bad...without intervention?

farthing
09-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Katie's eyes look much better today, although we don't really know what has caused it.

Katie is very overweight and can't clean her bottom, this makes her suseptible to flystrike, and to be fair her owner was trying to clean her bum when her third eyelids heamorrhaged and filled with blood. She has had eye problems since being small, but what has happened to her eyes, neither myself our our vet have even seen befiore.
The vet think it may be due to high blood pressure, but some searches on google aslo suggest heart problems or a thymoma ( I think the thymoma is unlikely because she has had a problem since a baby )
Katie has not had a very good diet, has not been vaccinated and has been bred from ( I hope her offspring don't suffer the same problems- another good reason to avoid random breeding).
Her eye bulge much worse when being picked up, which causes problems if she needs cleaning, our hope is she will settle and learn to trust us, she will lose some weight and we can find out what is causing this problem with her eyes. In the future we will get her vaccinated, but need to confimr she has no heart problems before she is put in to be speyed.

Shelley123
09-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Poor Katie, i do hope her eyes get better

Tink
09-05-2010, 08:24 PM
bless you for taking her in and taking such good care of her

farthing
26-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Katie yesterday-

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Rabbits/021-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Rabbits/020-1.jpg

Tink
26-08-2010, 10:59 PM
oh my goodness that is just incredible, thank you for all that you do, that is just wonderful!!

angieh
26-08-2010, 11:44 PM
If I didn't suspect that you are a white witch, I'd swear that was a different rabbit.

That's amazing. How is her general health now farthing?

dandysmom
26-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Amazingly better! You must feel such pleasure seeing a turn-about like that due to your care ...looks like a different rabbit.

PoshPuss
27-08-2010, 08:10 AM
You really do miracles farthing :D Bless you, you deserve a medal and lots of recognition for your work!

This rabbit has been transformed thanks to your care. You are a special person.

farthing
27-08-2010, 01:20 PM
If I didn't suspect that you are a white witch, I'd swear that was a different rabbit.

That's amazing. How is her general health now farthing?

I wish I was a witch, I'd be able to do so much more.
I just feed them well, give exercise where needed and do what the vets tell me. No magic and nothing very complicated.:lol:

Katie's health is really good, in fact I had her in to be weighed today, because she was very overweight when she arrived. She was 3.66 kgs on arrival and is now 2.80 kgs, so I'm very please, she no longer gets dirty bums and her eyes only swelled very slighty in th vets. The next step will be to get her speyed, so some more worry, but onec that is done we can bond her with some of the other rabbits and I think she will be very content.:D

calismum
27-08-2010, 06:12 PM
What an amazing turnaround. She looks so contented now.

Shelley123
27-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the update on Katie, it's great to see her looking so well.