PDA

View Full Version : Another cat on the way!

farthing
07-05-2010, 05:41 PM
There was a cat booked into the veT to be pts today, she is peeing in the house, but it sounds like it is stress related, she is only 8.

I gave the vet the option of rehoming her to us, convinced the owners wouldn't go for it- they wanted her PTS because they didn't think she would settle!

Just spoken to the vet and we can pick her up at 6.30, along with a bunny who has health issues and the owner can't cope anymore.

Not a sensible thing to do but I couldn't let these animals be PTS and have a clear conscience.

Tink
07-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Oh bless you. Sometimes what is right is not always "sensible". It's what's in your heart that counts. Let us know when you have the new additions home :D

yola
07-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Do you know, I'd love to be able to do that. Space, location, time and small kids prevent it though. Maybe one day.

Good on you for caring about these unwanteds Farthing.

farthing
07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
We have the new beasties home and are heart sick at the condition of Molly, the cat, she is 8kgs in weight :shock: , stinks to high heaven ( after being bathed at the vet), we think has fleas, is bald over her tummy and red raw around her tail and bottom. It is suspected she has cystitis, although it could be something more sinister.She was taken to the vet regularly until a couple of years ago, and I suspect they then had children and Molly was forgotten about. She was being PTS even though peeing in the house only started a couple of weeks ago.
Molly is alos white, and we may need to change her name- we have a Molly, Milly and Mallow, as well as a Polly and a Folly. So after the great name change of Yogi to Loki, get you thinking hats on for a new name and a new start for our BIG girl.

Bunny is in a really bad way too, her third eyelids have heamorrhaged so where her third eyelid should be there is an area, the same size as her eye, bloody and dry. She is also overweight, she looks like a lionhead so should be about 2.5kg and is 3.7kg, the hope is the weight has caused high blood pressure and this has caused the eyelids to bleed.

The plan for both is to treat the conditions and gradually lose weight, and hopefully remove the original cause of the problems.

angieh
07-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Bless you farthing for taking in these poor, poor animals.

What about Dolly for the cat?

dandysmom
07-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Thank God for people like you, farthing! Tilly? Malia?

calismum
07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
She reminds me of a friends Meeka.

I do admire you for taking these on. That poor bunny looks so sore.

Kazz
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Good for you how about Polly....