PDA

View Full Version : Kittens, Help!

Frog
02-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi All,

Some might remember that we adopted Charlie almost a year ago, Hes doing brilliantly & now has a friend. We took in a stray girl as she was living rough, she was skeletal as her 'owners' don't have anything to do with her...including feed her :mad:

Had the shock of our lives as she has this morning given birth to three kittens. We're hoping shes done now. She managed fantastically throughout the birth, especially as I dont think shes young. Shes eaten loads just now, but is there anything we can give her to make sure shes at her best to feed her kits?

Also is there anything we need to do for her? She had the kittens in a wardrobe, but we've since moved her & the kittens into a box in a warm room and made them a bit of a den. Which she seems to have settled into.

This is all new territory, we dont have a clue - so any info at all is much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Becki X

Elaine
02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Poor mite.
I'm sure Kay or some of the others will have better suggestions than I can offer but for the time being, as it's a holiday weekend, feed her as best you can and if you can get hold of some Lactol or Cimicat from a petshop or vet, then that may help build up her strength.

alexgirl73
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
oh bless her! If you can, get some good quality kitten food for her to eat (biscuits like JWB etc), these are good for queens to have, especially one who needs bulking up fast. And perhaps some cooked chicken if you can. Good luck and keep us informed :)

dandysmom
02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I've never had a nursing queen so no advice, the above sounds good to me. Good luck to mum and the kits!

angieh
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Good luck to this new mother and her kittens. Bless you for caring for her. All I can add, which is obvious really is to make sure she has fresh water.

Kay
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Hope the kittens and mum are doing well. I have sent you a message.