PDA

View Full Version : Found Lovely Cat in St Annes nr Blackpool

Amber_Leigh1
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
A lady emailed me a picture of a cat that has been visiting her grandaughters home over the last few weeks - she had thought perhaps it could be my mum's Phoebe but sadly no.

I'm not sure if this cat has permanently adopted this new family or if it is just frequently visiting but they think she is a stray so are looking after her. I've advised them to advertise the cat to find the owner.

She is very friendly and affectionate and gets on well with the owners other cat. She has no collar and is not microchipped. She also has a tear on one of her ears and she is about 9 years old.

If any Catsey members are missing this cat or know of anybody that is looking for her please get in touch.

Here she is:

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/Amber_Leigh1/CatStAnnesBlackpool.jpg

calismum
01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
She is very pretty. Not sure but that coat looks as if it would be much more matted if she had been straying for a while. Hope her situation is resolved one way or another soon.

yola
01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
What a pretty little cat. That coat does need some attention as mats will soon set it if she's not groomed. I hope she's reunited with her rightful owners soon.

dandysmom
01-05-2010, 08:16 PM
What a pretty girl; I too hope she'll be restored to her owner.......

angieh
01-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I can't understand owners not microchipping their pets, especially pedigrees.

Amber_Leigh1
02-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Well I have put the lady in touch with Sue at My Moggy - Sue had already heard about this cat on the grapevine funilly enough. Such a shame. Hoepfully we will find her owner soon. I've told her to put a collar on her with thier phone number to see if that draws out the actual reality of the situation. Fingers crossed. The lady has started grooming her now so she doesn't get matted which is fab! Will keep you posted

dandysmom
02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the update, Amber.

candyshandy
02-05-2010, 11:44 PM
I've read on another forum that she is being rehomed

Amber_Leigh1
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
No news still on the owner coming forward. :( I am the loving rehome if the owner isn't found. She needs lots of love and I will make sure she gets it if she comes to me!

Moli
07-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Good to know she has a loving home lined up...good for you...;)

Amber_Leigh1
07-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the support. She's a lovely cat and fairly old for a persian at 11 years old. Maybe deaf and arthritis setting in - think she would struggle sadly now to find a good home but I will be it for her and ready to take on loving her and making sure she gets the treatment and care she may need in the future - I will give her a chance to fulfill the rest of her life in comfort :)

angieh
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Bless you Amber! What a lucky cat, she'll be sure of a loving and caring home.

New name??????

Amber_Leigh1
08-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Well I'm not sure yet as trying not to name her as that would form an attachment for me before I know if she's coming. It would still make me very happy if we could find her owner but that is not looking good 6 weeks later with no leads! Considering her age possibly Gracie but that's just an idea - will have to see her personality first I think :)

Amber_Leigh1
17-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Well the search is over for the owners as they have now been looking for over 6 weeks.. it just baffles me that she could just have been abandoned :( On a happy note the finders have decided to keep her on and provide a forever home which is the main thing and writes a happy ending to the situation. She is settled there now so I'm happy as well! :)

angieh
17-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Sad she won't be coming to you Amber, but great news that the lovely little cat will have a good home where she is settled.

yola
17-05-2010, 11:13 PM
It's good news that a new home has been found. However I do wonder if there is someone out there that is desperately missing their cat :( Bit like you and Phoebe. It'll always be one of those 'will never know' things.

Still as long as she has a happy home with love, warmth and all the care needed . . . that's what is important.

Amber_Leigh1
18-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Agree Yola but she was found around the same time that Phoebe went missing which realistically is about 2 months ago now! They have searched high and low for posters and with all rescues etc but no owner found - they even have her on My Moggy and an advert in the local paper so it makes you wonder doesn't it! Fingers crossed no one is going through what we are but at least she is being looked after well - I hope if Phoebe is still on this earth she is also being cared for :(

dandysmom
18-05-2010, 03:51 PM
It's possible her owner might have been elderly and died, and no one was responsible for her. I'm so glad she finally will have a loving home.