PDA

View Full Version : Kazz update

Elaine
01-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Back in hospital. Staples out 3.30. Wound split 5.30. No discomfort. Feel good, just waiting to see if surgery again or left to heal naturally. Good eh? But feel fine at moment. Bored. Karen.

That was the text msg she sent.

Here's hoping everything goes well for her from this point onwards. xxx

yola
01-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I thought it might be bit soon for removal of stitches . . . still, hopefully all will be recified soon. Hugs to Karen!

MrsH
01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Here's hoping this is just a temporary set-back and everything gets sorted soon, poor Karen!

angieh
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Poor girl - ((((HUGS)))) to her from me too!

Mags
01-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh dear, after all she's been through already ....... poor Kazz :(

I hope the hospital get it sorted immediately and she doesn't have to suffer more discomfort.

Thank you for updating us Elaine, when you're next in contact please give Kazz my love and best wishes.

alexgirl73
01-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the update Elaine.

Poor Kazz, hope it's all sorted for her soon, and that she's feeling better now xx

Shelley123
01-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the update, fingers crossed she'l be out again soon.

calismum
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
(((hugs))) from me to. Hope she gets home soon.

dandysmom
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
What a pity, after all she's been thru! Fingers crossed that no further surgery will be needed and that she'll be home again soon. Thanks, Elaine. Give her my love when you're next in touch.

Kazz
02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I am now home, Ta Elainefor updating.

Had my staples out at 3.30 Friday at the practice nurses; and at 5.30 I was winging my back to hospital via emergency ambulance, my wound had split right open about 10cm...of the 12cm...was open.......spent Friday night and all day Sat till 7 this morning in hospital had the wound resutured proper stictches to be removed Monday week, at the hospital. bit painful under a local got wide spectrum antibiotics, and some pain relief.

Not feeling brilliant but also not feeling rotten. Spending the day in bedroom, now I am out of hospital.

Not what you want having you stomach split open and have to hold it
together day 10.......apparently it is not uncommon but not ususal.

Sel-a-vi or however your spell it, what will be will be. Tired but okay

Mags
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Glad you're back home Kazz, I hope the stititches do their job better than the staples did, that was so unfortunate but as you say "C'est la vie".

Hope you get plenty of rest.

angieh
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Why didn't they do the proper stitches in the first place is what I would want to know???

Poor lass, take care. Plenty of healing vibes from me, Kizzy and Pip. Let's hope they "take" this time. Kizzy also sends purrrrrs for comfort.

MrsH
02-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Glad you're back home again, what a horrible experience, having to hold your stomach together! :shock: nice that you still seem to have your sense of humour, I think I'd have lost mine under those circumstances :(

Kim
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Not a nice experience for you Kazz. Take care.

dandysmom
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Glad you're home; what a distressing thing to happen! Take it very easy! You're such a strong person with such a positive attitude.

Elaine
02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Hope all goes well and you heal better now xxx
Pleased you are back home, was getting a little worried that I hadnt heard any more news but all's well now. xxx

Kazz
02-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Glad you're back home again, what a horrible experience, having to hold your stomach together! :shock: nice that you still seem to have your sense of humour, I think I'd have lost mine under those circumstances :(

Nah you'd have been okay too why loose your sense of humour...... its often all you have left along with sarcasm......a good tool in hospital.;)

Kazz
10-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Spent almost 2 hours back on the ward today went to have stitches out following the wound popping open after the staples were removed on 3oth April, only to be told by staff nurse who removed one stitch that she was not happy to continue as she thinks it will open up again if stitches removed so waited for the Dr to agree which she did so I have stitches left in till next Tuesday which will be 17 days.......hopefuly that should work they will be removed 1day before my 4 week Op anniversary.....bit of a set back.
But feel good just a bit fed up over the stitches senario.... :roll:
But happy with overall recovery. I feel good, and much happier to be honest that stitches remain in I will be happier next week with their removal. :mrgreen:

MrsH
10-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Sometimes the healing just takes a bit longer than expected Kazz :( hopefully by next Tuesday the wound should be well and truly healed. It certainly would have been a big setback if the nurse had proceeded and then the wound opened up again.:bighug:

Mags
10-05-2010, 06:04 PM
It must be a huge disappointment for you Kazz but better to be safe than sorry ........ you'll just have to put up with the itching for a while longer ;) :)

angieh
10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I definitely agree with MrsH and Mags, Kazz. Keep em in until they're good and ready to come out. Very disappointing, but better than what happened before.

Shelley123
10-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Glad your feeling ok in yourself Kazz, sorry you couldn't have your stitches out today.

calismum
10-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry you've had a hold up, but as everyone else has said, better itchy for another week than risking the wound opening scenario again.

At least you feel good in yourself.

Elaine
10-05-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm just pleased you are still in one piece;)

dandysmom
10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I can only echo what's already been said .....

Phoenix
10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I can only echo what's already been said .....

Same here!

Kazz
10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah and looking on the bright side (as I do) with the stitches in I have a constant reminder not to do anything as if the exterior stitches remind me of the internal ones..........so all is good.

And I feel fine still itchy...but well.

Moli
10-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Agree with everyone else......good to hear you are all sorted out for the time being..

Mags
10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Just relax like a good girl, Kazz ........ get yourself a pencil and pad and start planning what else you you would like done with your garden when you are fully fit again... ;)