PDA

View Full Version : Max - put to sleep tonight

jan
30-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi all,

Just a update and a very sad one as Max was put to sleep tonight roughly half an hour ago at the emergency vets. He was lying on the laminate floor stretched out and my son noticed him panting. I rang a vets number that my friend had recommended to me and got the emergency number and my son and I took Max straight down.

We had to wait about half an hour and Max was still panting but calm. The vet was lovely, Max had very small kidneys but a lump in his tummy which was a tumour. He was probably just beginning to feel some pain and obviously the only thing we could do was let Max die with dignity. We stayed with Max, my son, 24, cried so much - we stroked him to the end, he did meow in pain at one point but I suppose thats to be expected when administering an anaesthetic. He then just went quietly to sleep.

We have him at home, in his cat carrier in the lounge, as my son would nt hear of Max going anywhere else and we dont go in the lounge much preferring the conservatory. Tomorrow he will be buried in my boys corner with Harvey and Smudge, my girls tend to be buried the other side of my garden, tho thats by accident not design.

It s a strange twist of fate that Max passed over on the day that he was born, April 30th.

God bless you my Max,we are going to miss you loads XX

Moli
30-04-2010, 10:22 PM
So sorry Jan..thinking of you and your family....

Run Free little boy..xx

Elaine
30-04-2010, 10:22 PM
So very sorry to read the sad news about Max.

Big hugs to you and your family xxx

R.I.P. Max, always loved, never to be forgotten xxx

MrsH
30-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh, that's so sad :cry: Thinking of you!

dandysmom
30-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Oh Jan, I'm so sorry. But he's free of any pain now, you gave him that last gift. it's hard ..... (((hugs)))

Run free at the Bridge, Max.....

Mags
30-04-2010, 11:04 PM
I am so sorry Jan :( thinking of you and your family..... x

Tink
30-04-2010, 11:40 PM
i am so very sorry for your loss.

aliwin
01-05-2010, 06:47 AM
So sorry for your loss, run free sweet Max xx :cry:

Aquatic
01-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm so sorry for you loss :( x
R.I.P Max xXx

angieh
01-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear this Jan. So glad that you were able to stay with him to the end and brought him home. ((((HUGS)))) to you and your family.

Run free Max - join all the other lovely Catsey cats who are so missed.

alexgirl73
01-05-2010, 12:23 PM
So very sorry for your loss :(

Run free Max xx

jacks
01-05-2010, 12:27 PM
So sorry for your loss.:cry:
Sleep tight Max.X

Shelley123
01-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Jan,
i'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Max

jan
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Thank you everybody. My son and I buried Max earlier on, in my garden, its sad just how many of my lovely pussy cats are actually there now, three girls and now three boys. I cant stop now though and suddenly say enough s enough, as they all lived here, Max longer than any as it happens. We actually have all our animals, which includes two chinchillas, a rabbit, a couple of hamsters, a guinea pig and my parrot who lived until 2 and a half years ago and was acquired by my late Mother in 1952, and he was fully grown and talking then so he lived to a ripe old age also. (I actually received the guinness book of records certificate for Ricky, my parrot as the longest living caged bird in 1997.)

Anyway, missing Max like mad, it seems odd not seeing him lying on his favourite bit of the sofa or wandering in and out for his water. I think the other 3 seem a bit restless in different ways too. Am very tired and heavy eyed today, not a lot of sleep last night and poor quality when I did. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Jan x

yola
01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm so very sorry to be reading this Jan. You did the best thing for Max and now he's 'back home' for good, bless him.

Have an early night and catch up on your sleep, hopefully the sadness will be replaced by tender memories very soon.

Hugs.

pinklizzy
01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
So sorry Jan, sleep tight Max xx

Kim
01-05-2010, 07:15 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news. :( Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight. Our beloved cat Misty died nearly 3 weeks ago and we buried him in our garden. I think of him every day, but take comfort in knowing he had a good life and now home where he belongs. I hope you can feel the same way about Max. Take care. (((hugs)) xx

dandysmom
01-05-2010, 08:14 PM
It is a comfort to know that they're resting at home in the garden that they loved. All mine except my childhood cat are buried in mine.

Hope you will sleep better tonight, (((hugs)))

farthing
04-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I've only just seen this, sorry for your loss.

jan
11-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Once again, thank you so much for your kind wishes and sympathy. Had a tough ten days, away with the fairies a bit at times but I can appreciate Max had a good and long happy life and I am grateful he shared it with us.

Jan x