PDA

View Full Version : Winning Portrait

MrsH
27-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I thought you'd like to see the portrait that MrH did of Morgan. It's in pastels and usually hangs in the dining room but he entered it in our local art exhibition and won Best in Show (voted by visitors to the show)

Yayyy! Finally got it loaded, thought it was never going to appear!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g125/MrsH_photos/Morganpastel.jpg

angieh
27-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Sorry MrsH - I did trying clicking on your link, but nothing happened. I'd love to see the portrait.

Mags
27-04-2010, 02:01 PM
That's a really stunning portrait of Morgan ......... what a talented man MrH is!:D

How long did it take him to complete the picture MrsH?

angieh
27-04-2010, 02:06 PM
That's fantastic MrsH. Your MrH is very talented. No wonder it got Best in Show prize.

yola
27-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Wow! That really is rather good. Is this a talent he has had for many years or is it a recently-acquired skill?

MrsH
27-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Angie - Thank you, I must admit I love the portrait and OH knows that he wouldn't be allowed to hang it up if I didn't :lol:

Mags - he said it took him about 3-4 hours, apparently pastels don't take too long. He worked from one of the photos he took on Morgan's 1st birthday last June.

Yola - thank you very much for your kind appraisal, I know you are very knowledgeable about art, so your comments are very welcome. He's always had a talent but it's been buried for years, (life, mortgage, kids, career, diy, aged parents etc all got in the way) although he still has a pencil drawing of his mother's cat that he did in the 1960s. He started going to evening classes around the time he retired from his scientific work, to pick up some techniques and to find out if he was still interested enough to make art his "retirement project". Since then he's joined U3A art groups, Fleet art society, Odiham art society and he's about to fill in an application for Farnham art society too! He goes to their monthly workshops and lectures and has taken over 2 of our bedrooms as studio and storage!

I think he's hooked! :lol::lol:

Shelley123
27-04-2010, 03:44 PM
What a beautiful portrait of Morgan, it looks as if you could just stroke him.

Elaine
27-04-2010, 04:16 PM
That's brilliant Mrs H, well done to Mr H xxx

yola
27-04-2010, 04:17 PM
What a joy to be able to indulge something that he's been harbouring within him for so long. My step-daughter's just finishing at Farnham UCA (photography) so I know the town is well resourced to provide facilities and tutoring for artists at all levels.

Good luck MrH, I hope you'll share more of his work with us in the future, MrsH :D

Moli
27-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Thats stunning....you are lucky having such a clever hubby.....

dandysmom
27-04-2010, 04:32 PM
That is simply beautiful! What a talent, and how wonderful he's able to enjoy and develop it now in retirement. I echo Yola's remark, would love to see more.