PDA

View Full Version : Colourpoint Cat Club Show Report, Photos & Results

Kay
26-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I thought I would just put a link to the Colourpoint Cat Clubs website for anyone who is interested in seeing some photos of the Best In Show winners and just general pics around the show. This is the websites link hope you enjoy the pics.

http://www.thecolourpointcatclub.co.uk/

Shelley123
26-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the link Kay, there are some nice pictures to look at.

pinklizzy
26-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Looks like it was a great day, some fab photos of beautiful cats!

Kay
26-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks both of you.

It was a lovely day and all the cats were absolutely gorgeous and so well behaved. I only have one more to go as Assistant Show Manager and then I will be a fully qualified Show Manager!!

Shelley123
27-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks both of you.

It was a lovely day and all the cats were absolutely gorgeous and so well behaved. I only have one more to go as Assistant Show Manager and then I will be a fully qualified Show Manager!!

That's great news Kay, congratulations:)

angieh
27-04-2010, 04:00 PM
There are some stunning cats there Kay, including Candice's Barney! Why do they call a couple of the groups "opposite sex" - seems a bit strange terminology to a non-show person like me!

Kay
27-04-2010, 09:01 PM
There are some stunning cats there Kay, including Candice's Barney! Why do they call a couple of the groups "opposite sex" - seems a bit strange terminology to a non-show person like me!

The judges pick the Best Adult , Kitten and Neuter from the winners of the appropriate Imperial, Grand and Best of Breed winners. Depending on what sex those winners are the judges then pick the opposite sex for Best Opposite Sex. This years show had all Males as the Best in Show winners so the Best females in the three categories were picked for the Best Opposite Sex. The Overall winner is only picked form the Best in Show Adult, Best in Show Kitten and Best in Show Neuter.

This is not done in All Breed Shows but quite a few Breed Shows do it. Our show also has a Best in Show Non-Pedigree Household Pet Adult, Best in Show Non-Pedigree Household Pet Kitten, Best in Show Pedigree Household Pet Adult and Best in Show Pedigree Household Pet Kitten. A Overall Best in Show Household Pet is chosen from these four. Not all shows are this equal though in the HP section unfortunately.

dandysmom
27-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I enjoyed both the pics and your explanation, Kay!

Kay
28-04-2010, 09:24 AM
I enjoyed both the pics and your explanation, Kay!

Thank you Eileen. I am glad that it made sense as I know what I am talking about......I think :?

yola
28-04-2010, 09:51 AM
How fascinating! It really looks like persian/exotic heaven :D

Kay - are there any shows 'down south'? I'd love to get along to one, maybe initially just to have a look and potentially with Myshka at some point in the future.

Kay
02-05-2010, 10:25 PM
How fascinating! It really looks like persian/exotic heaven :D

Kay - are there any shows 'down south'? I'd love to get along to one, maybe initially just to have a look and potentially with Myshka at some point in the future.

There is quite a few down near you. Have a look at these two links. They give you all the GCCF shows, their dates and venues plus links to the clubs sights for the actual schedules if you are wanting to have a go. The first link is for shows up to the end of this month and second is for shows from June 2010 to May 2011.

http://www.gccfcats.org/shows.html

http://www.gccfcats.org/showsnew.html

If you want any help just give me a shout ;)