PDA

View Full Version : A story - how Sultan got his nickname

dandysmom
24-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Some of you know he was called the Emperor of Benton Street, but he had another name also.

We were out walking on Summer evening after dinner and met a neighbor who was unloading 4 bags of groceries from her trunk to the sidewalk. Sultan made a beeline to one bag, stood on his hind legs and stuck his head into the bag. I laughed and said "Betty, you must have a chicken in there!"

"I do, how did he know that, does he like chicken?"

"Yes, it's his favorite food"

"I'll give him a little bit, then"

"Oh no, no, he''s just had a big dinner"

"A little piece won't hurt him."

She proceeded to take out a lovely rotisserie chicken, removed the plastic and pulled off a piece of leg meat, which Sultan promptly devoured as if he hadn't been fed for days! I add that she had two huge German shepherds, so her idea of "a small piece" was a big hunk!

She said she was glad he approved of her chicken, and henceforth whenever we met she alewys inquired how the Chicken Inspector was!

Sultan was reserved and rather aloof with people we met walking, but ever after he always greeted Betty very enthusiastically .... but alas, never met her when chicken was in the offing thereafter.

angieh
24-04-2010, 09:52 PM
What a lovely story Eileen. You see, I didn't know that Sultan had such a well deserved nickname!

(And I know how good a rotisserie chicken tastes now!)

alexgirl73
24-04-2010, 10:00 PM
What a lovely story Eileen :) He sounds like he was a real character.

Phoenix
25-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Sultan was a gorgeous boy x

Mags
25-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Sultan must have been well known in your neighbourhood by his walks on the lead with you Eileen, he was quite a character! :D

dandysmom
25-04-2010, 09:54 PM
LOL, Mags, not just Sultan, Misty Patches and Dandy too! Everyone knew me and my cats: that's how I met Dr. Fox who appeared at my door one night wanting to know if he could take pics of Sultan on his harness for an upcoming book!

I have lots of Sultan stories; he was indeed a character!

Mags
25-04-2010, 09:58 PM
LOL, Mags, not just Sultan, Misty Patches and Dandy too! Everyone knew me and my cats: that's how I met Dr. Fox who appeared at my door one night wanting to know if he could take pics of Sultan on his harness for an upcoming book!

I have lots of Sultan stories; he was indeed a character!
Keep the stories coming, Eileen ;):D

angieh
25-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Can I second that please Eileen? Love to hear about Sultan - or any of your lovely pride.

Tink
26-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Aww lovely story. And I third it! :D