PDA

View Full Version : Advice please?

Oli.Boo
23-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Hey everybody. I would really appreciate some advice.

We let Oliver go in the garden now. He never leaves the garden, he plays in the grass. He loves it, jumping up and down catching flies and finding worms :roll:

There is this huge cat (dont no the sex) that keeps coming into the garden and attacking him :cry: . Its so much bigger than Oliver. Poor Olli just runs in and hides behind the sofa and then is scared to go back out after. Im sick off it now because Oli loves it out there and some huge cat is coming and bulling him :cry: .

The other day i heard it hissing and oli run in so i went to the back door and its sat outside the door hissing at me and wouldnt move so i just shut the door. It really is a scary cat :cry: .

What can i do to stop it coming into my garden and hurting Olii. I dont want to do anything mean tho :(

Thanks in advance :)

candyshandy
23-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Get one of those water pistol/gun things - this will scare him off without hurting him.

Alternatively, you could cat proof the garden so he can't get in

kado
23-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I agree with candyshandy. Its horrible when one cat bullies the residenant cat. I would get a water pistol and fire it at the cat. If that doesnt work i would get cat proof fencing if you can possibly fit it.

Oli.Boo
23-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks.
The house is up for sale so cant really do much to the garden. I'm going to try the water pistol and hopefully that will work.

Shelley123
23-04-2010, 09:24 PM
I would go for the water pistol too, unfortunately what Cats consider to be their territory doesn't always coincide with our ideas, so the cat probably considers your garden as part of his territory. Not very helpful for poor Oliver.
We had the same problem with an un neutered Tom, he even came in through the cat flap in the middle of the night :O
Instead of a pistol you could try a pressurised garden spray bottle as they have a longer range.

dandysmom
23-04-2010, 09:50 PM
That's an excellent suggestion, Shelley!