PDA

View Full Version : Two visitors

Stephan
15-04-2010, 04:42 PM
This morning I was up on the veg patch and looked up to see a doggy nose through my gate and a smaller dog next to him.

Nothing unusual so I went to say hello and waited to say good morning to their owner--nothing and they ran off. 5 mins later they are back and still no human is sight,they trot off.

10 mins later still the larger dog had climbed through the gate and the smalller one was waging her tail in desperation for some help-so I opened my gate and she ran in.

They tore round my garden,eat every bone I had thrown out (I sometimes put ex stock bones out for the crows or night time foxes? etc) and then I took them back to the top of the garden and back on the footpath.

Now-these dogs were strangers, only one had a collar and no other ID,they were friendly enough but I do worry they might have been dumped as I know most of the dogs that get walked past the top of my garden

lisa01uk87
15-04-2010, 05:02 PM
id call the police or get in touch with a dog warden if they come back keep them in your garden if possible and maybe do this they may be chipped

angieh
15-04-2010, 05:06 PM
That's very sad Steph - sounds to me like they've been either lost or dumped. I think I'd call the dog warden too.

Stephan
15-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I will see if they come back tomorrow. I don`t know all of the dogs in the village and maybe these two got out and have an owner worried about them?

Luckily Cleo was asleep through all of it so didn`t get upset:D

dandysmom
15-04-2010, 08:13 PM
If they keep showing up I'd call the dog warden too; hope they haven't been dumped.....

Stephan
16-04-2010, 03:07 PM
No sign of them today,and considering they got a friendly welcome and found something to eat yesterday I am assuming they live somewhere in the village and had gone for an adventure.

If they had been dumped I think they would have been back by now

angieh
16-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm going to take that as good news Steph - let's hope they've gone home.

Stephan
16-04-2010, 05:20 PM
The odd thing is though that I wanted them to turn up-with an owner.

I`m awfully soft and a face lick is all I need;)

dandysmom
16-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Awww! Perhaps they will.....