PDA

View Full Version : All healthy people stand up and be counted

Kazz
09-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Well I am wondering now do we have any healthy people on the board.......if we do stand up and be counted..... ;).......people with colds and headaches gladly accepted.............. :)

angieh
09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I'd not say "healthy" exactly, but willing to stand up and be counted!!!

One here, and two cats (who are just about to go to sleep!)

Moli
09-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I am healthy, no problems at the moment....

Mags
09-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I'll stand for the next 10 days :lol:

random
09-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I would but if I do something is bound to come up in my blood test next week, tempting fate an' all that. :roll:

dandysmom
10-04-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm blessed with excellent health, no complaints. Leia's in good shape too.

MrsH
10-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Can I stand up and be counted too please? I'm back to normal, started eating yesterday afternoon, have lost about 4-5 pounds but now feel fine (no more "far worse than I remember labour ever being pains!") :-D

Kazz
10-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I can join as long as I can lean on my spade......;)

angieh
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Glad you are feeling better, MrsH. Weight loss is good, but I can think of easier ways of doing it!

EmmaG
10-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I am in good health (that I know of!!)

Donna
10-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I am doing well at the moment and feel very happy to stand up and be counted!!! All my furries - two cats, four bunnies, and two kids are all doing well too!!

Kim
10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I feel physically fine at the moment too!

Phoenix
10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Pins and needles in my foot but apart from that I'm healthy :-D

Elaine
10-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Physically I am fine, it's usually my mental health that is of question:lol:

Phoenix
10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Physically I am fine, it's usually my mental health that is of question:lol:

I don't think so Elaine :lol:

Elaine
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't think so Elaine :lol:

There are those who would disagree with you;)
I have always thought that if you are able to question your mental health then mentally you are fine. Reason being that mad folk dont know they are mad, they think it's every one else.

Phoenix
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I have always thought that if you are able to question your mental health then mentally you are fine. Reason being that mad folk dont know they are mad, they think it's every one else.

I'll take your word for that Elaine :lol:

Shelley123
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Healthy here (touch wood) ;)

angieh
10-04-2010, 09:13 PM

Trouble is when you live with mad folk and you start questioning whether you are "normal" or are they? Perhaps the alternate universes do exist :-D :?

Elaine
10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Perhaps Angie, perhaps;) :lol:

Kazz
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Elaine you reminded me of something then saying that, you know when you go on a course..team building sort of thing and they ask you to tell others about yourself a friend of mine (God knows why he does it) says something along the lines of "I always tell lies" now if you take it at face value fine, if you think about it is he lying when he says he tells lies...is he lying about being a liar....can drive you crazy...

yola
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Not too bad from me too, barring minor ailments and a major pain the butt . . . but we won't talk about him here ;)

angieh
10-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Elaine you reminded me of something then saying that, you know when you go on a course..team building sort of thing and they ask you to tell others about yourself a friend of mine (God knows why he does it) says something along the lines of "I always tell lies" now if you take it at face value fine, if you think about it is he lying when he says he tells lies...is he lying about being a liar....can drive you crazy...

Now that's reminded me of something ..... not sure where I read it that God always tells the truth but the Devil sometimes lies .........................

It's easy if you know someone is always lying, but the uncertainty gets you! :? :? :?

Elaine
11-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Off topic but I think we all tell lies at some point, dont we? I dont think it makes us the "devil". I can embelish on a story to make it funnier,more dramatic or interesting. I have also lied in the past when pulling sickies etc and we all interperit (sp) think we are told by others in our own way and pass info on as we think it is. Again, none of these things make us the devil, they make us human.
I do hate bare faced liars and game players though, it's the severity of the lie and the consequences of it that make the difference.

angieh
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
....... I think of "real" lying is intentionally trying to mislead someone. Embellishing stories through retelling is the basis of legend. Dragons, sea monsters etc. I see humans as huge weavers and knitters!

Elaine
11-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Are you telling me that there are NO sea monsters and dragons? That surely must be a lie:lol:

dandysmom
11-04-2010, 03:57 PM
White lies aren't harmful, like telling someone that dress doesn't make her look fat when it does. they're sort of the oil that lubricates the social relationships, to make a very mixed metaphor. Deliberate lies are something else again.

Elaine, of course you believe in monsters: doesn't bonny Scotland have Nessie?

Elaine
11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Nessie lives as do the snow men:lol:

angieh
11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Elaine is right in believing in Nessie, he/she is enshrined in Scottish law:

"The Loch Ness Monster, affectionately known as Nessie, is actually under the protection of Scottish law. The Scottish law of 1912 known as the Protection of Animal Acts In Scotland includes Nessie as one of the many creatures protected by its scope. Little wonder why really when you realise that in terms of Scottish tourism, Nessie is estimated to be worth $40 million a year!"

Long live Nessie!

angieh
11-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Are you telling me that there are NO sea monsters and dragons? That surely must be a lie:lol:

I'd post a picture of the hairy angler fish as proof of sea monsters, but it's too scary!!!

The Weedy Sea Dragon on the other hand is a delightful creature of the Australian seas. I would absolutely love to see one of these because I love them!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Catsey/leafy-sea-dragon.jpg

Edit to say: I'm very sorry Kazz, we seem to have hijacked your thread about healthy people and turned it into lies, monsters and other things! Very sorry.

Kazz
11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
hey it proves we are are mental unstable as I have always suspected.... ;)
and like the X files saying goes "I believe" there have to be dragons, and sea monsters.....and Yeti's and little green/grey men in space why because its safer to believe in those, and maybe being scared of them than it is to be scared of the man who lives next door..................(not that there is anything wrong with the man who lives next door to me) but you get what I mean. ;)

Like we say to children stay close or a stranger will take you away when in all reality childrne are in more danger from a close relative than...a stranger.

angieh
11-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes, that's quite true. It's amazing anyone nowadays grows up sane ................

dandysmom
11-04-2010, 08:13 PM
We have hijacked the thread but it's turned interesting and informative as well (not that it wasn't before!),. but monsters are fun! Angie, I didn't know that about Nessie!

Hmmm, monsters: idea for quiz! :mrgreen:

!