PDA

View Full Version : Jerry

Erin
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
I know I havnt posted in a long time but just after some advise.

I have just been woken up by Jerry making the strangest sound I have ever heard from him.

It was more of a low pitched grown rather than a meow or a growl. I found him in the wardrobe lay cleaning his lower end. When I tried to go up to him, he growled at me and moved out of my way. Any time Caspurr goes near he growls at him too :?

Hes moving about fine but keeps stopping to have a clean. Ive tried several times to go and have a look at him but he just moves away growling and looking totally freaked out.

Thers been absolutely no sign of any blood in his urine for ages and he's pee'ing normal so I dont think its the Cystitis back at all.

Does anybody have any ideas?

alexgirl73
02-04-2010, 11:31 PM
I know he's not showing any signs of cystistis Erin, but this is what Broxi has done in the past when he has had it, and it's been the only warning sign to start with. has he poo'd as well? In case it's that end that is blocked?

Mags
02-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Jerry is obviously in some discomfort and he may have a touch of cystitis starting.

If he's reacting the same tomorrow it might be worth a visit to the vet.

Good to see you again Erin :)

Erin
02-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I know he's not showing any signs of cystistis Erin, but this is what Broxi has done in the past when he has had it, and it's been the only warning sign to start with. has he poo'd as well? In case it's that end that is blocked?

He always pee's in the shower when he has cystitis Alex or has tiny little ones in the tray but they have been normal size today and no pee in the shower.
He poo'd fine this eveing, I havnt seen him try to go since.

He's just jumped up onto the chair and curled up and is looking really comfy but still growling if Caspurr or I go near.

Really not sure what to do, Im locked through the back part of the house and Emma and James are sleeping.

Erin
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Jerry is obviously in some discomfort and he may have a touch of cystitis starting.

If he's reacting the same tomorrow it might be worth a visit to the vet.

Good to see you again Erin :)

Thanks Mags. Ill definately take him to the vets tomorrow as this is so out of character for him. He has never reacted like this before, its a horrible. But theres no way hes going to let me near him tonight so I think I can only wait untill tomorrow.
He's pretty settled now on the chair, so hopefully he'll be ok till the morning.

dandysmom
02-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Sorry to hear this, Erin, it does sound like cystitis to me, although perhaps not typical symptoms. Off to the vet tomorrow ... oh and nice to hear from you again. although not in good circumstances, Hope you've been well.

Erin
03-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Jerry is absolutely fine this morning, I was woken by him and Caspurr playing and racing round like rockets.
He's eaten and used the tray fine and once again no pee in the shower or signs of any blood.
Im going to keep an eye on him and maybe ring the vet and see what he says but hopefully not vet visit will be needed.
Its a complete u turn from how he was acting last night.
Very strange, but Im relieved :)

Thanks Mags, Alex and DM

X

angieh
03-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi Erin - good to see you again. Sorry to hear about Jerry, but glad to see he's back to himself this morning.

They do worry us, don't they?

Mags
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Glad to hear Jerry is back to normal this morning :)

alexgirl73
03-04-2010, 09:24 AM
little minx lol x

Phoenix
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Good to see you back Erin :D

Kazz
09-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Missed this Hello Erin....................hope he is okay now.