PDA

View Full Version : Troubles been to the vets

lisa01uk87
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
as some of you know trouble was due to see the vet today due to his diareah (sp) well we arnt long in and the vet says he has an infection, she doesnt think its fiv or cat flu which is good, his stomach is really bloated/gassy considering he was last fed last night and his inner eylids are up which is what led her to believe he has the infection, he has been given antibiotics (noraclave) which is for 5 days starting tonight 1 twice a day and he is on royal canin sensitivity diet over the weekend she gave me six sachets he is to get 1 and a half a day but little and often and no other food, and a seperate litter tray from strife and try to make sure he is using that one ( is gonna be difficult to make sure as the house is very small) if no better by monday iv to hand in a stool sample to be sent off to the lab. and if strife gets the squits iv to let them know asap, this is gonna be fun :?

he weighs 3.5 kgs already which means he is only half a kilo lighter than bella my adult lol

angieh
02-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Poor trouble! But at least you know there's something not right and are dealing with it. I do hope his "trouble" responds well to the meds and he is soon on the mend.

Kay
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I hope trouble gets well soon. I am sure the meds will do their job.

Aquatic
02-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I do hope Trouble gets better soon. Hopefully the meds will help. Xxx

dandysmom
02-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Hope the meds will help and that the little (or not so little!) guy feels better very soon!

lisa01uk87
07-04-2010, 11:12 PM
well his 3rd eyelids are back where they belong, i have finished the special food and his noraclav he has been solid untill today im wondering if it may be the food, i cant see it though as he was fine on it before, hmmm the vet said if he still had the squits on monday to hand in a sample but he was solid on monday and yesterday but it was yesterday he got the first taste of "normal" cat food again, do i hand in a poo sample tomorow?

Elaine
08-04-2010, 06:56 AM
I would take in a sample anyway if it were me, give the vet a call and ask though as they may feel it's not necessary.
Hope he remains well xxx

dandysmom
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd take one too; if they don't need it it can just be discarded.

lisa01uk87
08-04-2010, 04:13 PM
thanks guys will see how he is tonight after his food and take one then if need be

yola
08-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Good that Trouble's perking up. It's horrid when they are ill and it's something that we can't identify.

Just wanted to mention about the food. My Baliero was fed Royal Canin Persian dry all his life. Suddenly he became intollerant to it, vomitting up the food and loosing weight. I've since put him on Oral Sensitive RC and he's still touch and go with the vommiting/diaorhhea but if I stick to that food only (and by that I mean no boiled chicken, fish etc as they all now seem to set him off) everthing is fine.

What I'm saying is that if you find a food that works stick with it . . .

lisa01uk87
10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
thanks guys, he seems to be alot better his poop seems to be firming up now, will just keep an eye on him :D thank you for your support

lisa x

angieh
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Good news Lisa - thanks for letting us know that trouble's on the mend.

dandysmom
10-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Good to hear, Lisa!