PDA

View Full Version : Update on on the cats.

farthing
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Spice was in for her acupuncture today and got a check up at the same time. She has maintained her weight:D , and the vet feels she is keeping well and in no discomfort- so I am very happy.

Loki got his first vaccine, in 3 weeks time he will get the 2nd one and be microchipped at the same time- he will be able to go out with Sooty soon and expend some energy. The vet was laughing, because she keeps thinking of him ending up in an old peoples home with lots of geriatric cats on zimmers.:lol:

Misty is doing well, she has been put onto fortekor now, because her creatinine levels are up a bit, but her phosphate levels are still OK.

Samson is looking well and for the moment seems quite happy.

Jimmy and Fluffy were in yesterday for thyroid blood tests- if Jimmy is still normal we will start his vaccines and hopefully Fluffy shows signs of responding to treatment and we don't have to think of a thyroidectomy.

Tabatha is in on monday for blood tests as well- she needs her thyroid levels to be checked, but I also want to check her kidneys because she seems to wee a lot.

All in all not too bad so far.

angieh
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Glad your feline picture is looking up farthing. Love the picture of the geriatric cats with zimmers - I bet they'd have the models with wheels!!!

Good luck for Tabatha on Monday.

farthing
05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
We got Fluffy's results back today, her thyroid levels are down a bit to 70, she was 140 last time. They are still above the normal range, but the vet wants us to keep her on this dose for another month before retesting- they are worried about increasing the doseage any more in case she gets aneamia.

Kay
05-04-2010, 08:05 PM
All in all the results sound good. It must a relief for you.

farthing
06-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks.
Yes the results so far have been as good as can expected really.

The most recent ones are less? good.
Tabatha is now also CRF, although it looks like her thyroid may be within the normal range. Her liver enzymes are down, which would indicate the thyroid levels are reduced, and hence why the kidney issues have appeared- I have been suspicious about it for a wee while. The creatinine and urea aren't much above normal, so we will try her on the renal diet and hopefully slow things down initially with this.

Deli's, the dali, liver enzymes are up again, so we will try her on some antibiotics, because the vet wants to make sure it isn't an infection causing it.

Just waiting for Jimmy and Tabatha's thyroid results now- and then start collecting urine samples!:roll:

Got Snowy and Jessica, the fluffy bunnies in for dental on Thursday, bit anxious because Jessica is 6 now.
Mallow will get her mxyi vaccine next week, I then wait a couple of weeks and get her speyed and another couple of weeks for her VHD vaccine.

I really must start using a diary, or I have to keep looking up on here to remember what my plans are.:lol: :lol:

alexgirl73
06-04-2010, 05:56 PM
blimey, you do have your hands full :D But definitely looking more positive x

Donna
07-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Glad things are going fairly well x

pookyandjo
07-04-2010, 02:24 PM
you dont have a diary???:shock: :shock: :shock:

I dont know how you do it!!.. sounds like things are finally looking up for your crew Farthing...

farthing
07-04-2010, 07:47 PM
The best news so far- Tabaths is no longer hyperthyroid, she is in fact slightly low, but the vet has decided to keep her on this dose because she is doing so well. That is the first time since she came here- so hopefully she will stabilise and feel well for a good while.

Liz
07-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Good news farthing

We use a spreadsheet here to keep track of injections, illness, and worming and how the feral was wormed as its an art in itself sometimes with our mob!

farthing
07-04-2010, 10:45 PM
I need to write things down for Mike, Liz, but along with the vet notes, I have access to and my memory I usually manage- its just the fact that there have been lots of vet visits and med changes lately. Can't work with a computer either- when I write things down they tend to stick in my head.:shock:

Andrewd
08-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I am glad for you :)

dandysmom
08-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I need to write things down for Mike, Liz, but along with the vet notes, I have access to and my memory I usually manage- its just the fact that there have been lots of vet visits and med changes lately. Can't work with a computer either- when I write things down they tend to stick in my head.:shock:

That's what the nuns in school always taught us: say it aloud and write it down; that impresses it aurally and tactilely (sp?), and you are more likely to remember it.

John
08-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I have a large calender,,to wright thinks on otherwise I forget:?