PDA

View Full Version : Freaked out Felix!

Aquatic
31-03-2010, 09:01 PM
I got back from the meal today and the dog was asleep upstairs and Felix was locked in the living room so he had the run of the kitchen bathroom and living room. I let him out his eyes were literally black and his tail was all puffed out and he ran straight upstairs into my room and hid under the duvet when I went to get him he was shaking and kept trying to jump out of my arms. I don't know what could have spooked him he is now on my lap and I'm trying to relax him a bit but he is still spooked what can I do to calm him down a bit more because every time I take my arms away he'll jump down from the bed and hide.
The dog couldn't have got into the living room because the door was shut because we didn't want them together because the cat terrorises the poor dog.
He looked like he'd just seen a ghost or something and also if there's a creek or something he will jump a mile and the next door neighbours dog was barking and he was trying to hide under the bed again.
I've never seen him like this and I want to calm him down because he is terrified bless him.

angieh
31-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Poor Felix - I wonder what's alarmed him so? Perhaps someone came calling whilst you were out - a person or even another cat?

Do you have any Rescue Remedy? If so, rub a few drops on your fingers and massage into his ears.

dandysmom
31-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Something definitely spooked him, probably you'll never know what it is. I agree the Rescue Remedy is a good idea, maybe get a Feliway if he doesn't improve. Let him hide for a while if he feels safer that way; keep talking to him in a calm soothing voice; hopefully he'll calm down soon. Have you tried tempting him with some of his favorite food?

Aquatic
31-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I haven't got any Rescue Remedy but He is now asleep under the duvet in my room. He won't come out and if I Pull the duvet back a bit to have a peek he will go further under the duvet bless him. I've given him some ham which he gobbled down I've been tickling him under the chin. I think he will be staying upstairs to sleep tonight.
He seems a little calmer than he was earlier though.
Poor cat never seen him like this he's stopped shaking now. He was shaking really bad. It might of been another cat because there is a cat which he was sitting on the wall with a while ago he might of been sitting on our windowsill outside the kitchen. I'll never know what's happened to him.
Going to get a piece of chicken to calm him a bit the dog has been up to check on him :lol: He stood there looking at the bed with his head tilted to the side and he was crying bless him. He loves Felix even if Felix does terrorise him.
I'll bring his basket up into my room or he can just sleep on the duvet.
Hope he's not like this tomorrow :-D

Phoenix
01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
How is he now aquatic?

angieh
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes, I wondered whether Felix was calmer today too.

Aquatic
01-04-2010, 10:50 PM
He's much better now after a lot of tummy tickles and head rubs. :lol: He slept in my room that night and then woke me up in the morning with a big meow and decided to jump onto my stomach and start purring really loud. I think it was the next door neighbours dog barking yesterday because he's still a bit jumpy when ever he here's it barking.
Well I'll never know but I'm happy that he isn't spooked out any more.

dandysmom
01-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Glad to hear he's calmer today. Thanks for the update.

angieh
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Glad Felix is back to normal.