PDA

View Full Version : Meet Mallow.

farthing
29-03-2010, 08:45 PM
She was a stray taken into our vets with wounds on her back and face. Nobody claimed her, and then somebody said they would like her, however they have not come back to the vet so they asked if we could take her.
She isn't spayed and I have to assume she isn't vaccinated. She will be in quarantine for a couple of weeks and will then go outside. She is supposed to be hutch defensive, but I'm sure that will lessen once she is neutered- she is gorgeous though!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Rabbits/003.jpg

angieh
29-03-2010, 08:47 PM
What a pretty little bun - gorgeous colouring. Mallow is a perfect name for her.

trick
29-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Has someone been a bit brush happy?
she is so pretty and doesn't know how lucky she is

farthing
29-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Thank you !:D

The vet nurses have probably been brushing her- I've only shown her good side- the other eye and side of her bottom are bald- they were shaved to treat the wounds. They are pretty much healed now, we just need to wait for the hair to grow in.

Moli
29-03-2010, 08:58 PM
She is a pretty girl...Do you know what happened to her?`

calismum
29-03-2010, 10:08 PM
SHe looks gorgeous - lovely name - suits her.

angieh
29-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I know nothing about rabbits farthing, so please forgive my ignorance - I do love little rabbits with those short ears - are they a breed of their own? Or is she just a baby?

farthing
29-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Nobody knows her history, although the vet thinks she is quite young. They also wondered if she had myxi originally, but are pretty sure she has been attacked by something.

Mallow is a lionhead breed of rabbit, angie, her ears probably look shorter than they really are because of her fluffy mane. They are also a fairly small breed. They are very cute and some have very impressive sideburns.:lol:

angieh
30-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks farthing. I do hope that she recovers from her poor start and she will have a happy future with you kind people.

Aquatic
30-03-2010, 11:35 AM
She's gorgeous :-D I love the name

pookyandjo
30-03-2010, 01:54 PM
What a cutie pie... her name suits her very well... hope she does ok after her rough start.... she has the best opportunity with you and your tribe ... how many bunnies do you have Farthing?

farthing
30-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Mallow takes us back up to 11 buns- many stayed after being fostered for a local rescue and never found homes, some have been neglected or abandoned- but are all now neutered and in most cases paired off with a friend. We have 3 single females at the moment. We were hoping to bond Sorrell with Molly, but it turns out Molly is now totally blind. We may try and introduce Molly to the fluffy buns, because Snowy is practically blind and Jessica is elderly. Mallow, once she is speyed and vaccinated may well do better with Sorrell, who is a bit of a neurotic girl.

Shelley123
30-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Mallow is very pretty and suits her name.