PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours cat

CathyW
25-03-2010, 08:43 AM
hes only a year old but hes going to be a big ole rucker of a cat. already hes staked his claim on all the shed roofs.all the gardens have a brick shed at the bottom, and all the cats sit on their respective shed roofs. there are the occasional scrap over whos on whos roof, but other than a bit of spitting n yowling nothing serious. normally 1 of us will coe out. shout at them. a cup of water in that direction and all sorted. but now the big fella from around the corner has taken to terrorizing all the cats. hes a bully basicaly. his name is jasper. but i call him ASBO. because he needs 1. he also needs tagging. yep a hooligan.poor ronnie hes gone through the mill with him. he was limping for a few days where he had been fighting.reggie just sits in the garden with his eyes shut thinking *if i cant see him he cant see me and wot hurt me*
ive had a chat with asbos mum saying maybe a trip to the vets for a certain *op* he might calm down. and even gave her the number of the CPL. (they were doing vouchers for the op) but asbo is still running around with all his bits intact. i did say jokingly that if he disapears for a day and comes home sore and walking funny.its cause hes been catapped n done. she laughed. but my god im so tempted. ive said about HIV feline. he could catch it. and given her scare stories. but nope brick wall wall effect. shes a nice girl but her cats driving us all nuts. hes using my neighbours garden as a *loo* he wont use ours as the dog would chase him off.
this last fight ronnie had with him. really shook him up. he was sore for a few days. looked him over and no damamge. but i can afford to keep taking him to the vets to be patched up because her cats a bully.
i will cat nap him 1 day and let him have that certain op.

kado
25-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I have the same with Maisey's kittens dad. He is a realy big boy as well. Ive advised the owners to get him neutered but too no avail. He is the bully of the villiage he just kills birds for no reason. He attacked a elderly cat who had to go to the vets. I hate too say it but somebody threatend too shoot him one day. I got asked if i knew the cat as i also cat sit a very similar one and deffened the one i look after explaining if its a yellow collar its the kittens daddy. Lucky was in the garden the other week and saw the cat off and he hasnt been back since even though Sphinx is twice the size.

yola
25-03-2010, 12:49 PM
This makes me so cross! WHY won't people act responsibly with their pets? It's technically illegal and can be charged as criminal damage if a pet is neutered without the owner's permission . . . Crazy. But it's OK for said pet to inflict injury on another without any liability. Grrrr.

angieh
25-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Poor Ronnie! Sounds as if you have tried gentle persuasion boys mum - it makes me very cross too, but legally there's nothing you can do as Yola says. I wouldn't wish harm to the cat in question and it's not really his fault, but it is his owner's. Merlin was bullied by the farm cat named Henry when we first moved here and Henry bit him and caused an abscess - Merlin was lucky not to loose his tail. Henry was poisoned, probably accidentally in the end. Can't say I was sorry - he had a real attitude and wouldn't be shooed away - I used to have to threaten him with a broom.

pookyandjo
25-03-2010, 02:54 PM
not good... i find it amazing that a pet can inflict injury on another without any liability...
If she's not taken him to get his bits loped... maybe you could offer to take him and pay for it... and explain to her that it would be cheaper for you to do that than keep on taking Ronnie to the vet because her cat is injuring him all the time due to his testosterone fuelled behaviour!

We had a ginger tom stray hanging around here for a couple of years and he's disappeared in the last 18 months.. cant say im sorry about that either because he was an absolute fruitcake... ramming our door.. trying to get in at Tinky and George...one morning we were awoken at some ungodly hour by the sound of a screaming cat.. i came out of our bedroom and walked into my office area... it was a warm night.. and i had left a window open... and here is this HUGE ginger tom... spread eagled on the fly wire screen SCREAMING HIS LUNGS OUT and shaking the screen trying to get in... he had climbed onto the ground floor roof and was hanging of the window of the second story!!!
Unneutered males are a pest... and that's putting it nicely!

CathyW
25-03-2010, 04:28 PM
if he sees me coming along he will walk all stiff legged away. all the other cats have an agreement. and get on ok, but asbo (the name has stuck lol) hes the neighborhood bully.ill have too have a chat with his owner again. ill even lend her a cat basket if she wants.

dandysmom
25-03-2010, 04:31 PM
What a shame! We had a big black bully cat down the block who used to bother Carolyns cats and any other outside ones he could find; left mine alone as they were on harnesses and with me. He finally just disappeared, to everyone's relief. A pity it's illegal to catnap him for the op, owners like that drive me mad!!

CathyW
29-03-2010, 02:42 PM
i spotted my neighbour last night. and said about the fight. aparently *asbo* came in covered in cuts n lumps of fur out of him. she said every where he wet a bit of fur dropped off. think ronnie gave as good as he got (well done my boy)
and she had been tied up with persoanl stuff. but she assures me that she will take sir to the vets ASAP and will be losing his *boy bits* yaaaa.
oh and ive found out from another neighbour reggie goes to see her and gets fed chicken. i had shown her a pic of reggie on my phone. she said she wondered who he belonged to. reggies always the skinny one. (but eats well) crafty boy of ours lol

pookyandjo
29-03-2010, 03:01 PM
yeah.... hope she's good to her word and ASBO will be losing his "bits" very soon...good one Ronnie for giving him the hiding he deserves!! and have to laugh at Reggie for conning your neighbour out of chicken...she's obviously a soft touch!... butter obviously wouldn't melt in his little mouth ;)

angieh
29-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I know that I will always have a chuckle reading about ronnie and reggie's "doings".

Glad that Asbo will be done (hopefully and fingers crossed). Maybe he'll have to be given a new name if it calms him down???

trick
29-03-2010, 03:37 PM
not to sure, but, if you witness him attacking your cat on your property then asbo's owner would be liable for any damages like vets bills and damage to property, probably wouldnt get very far in the small claimes but if she is aware that this could happen it might make her realise the seriousness of asbos behaviour!

CathyW
29-03-2010, 07:02 PM
asbo isnt his real name its a nickname i gave him.and it stuck. even hs owner calls him that lol
now i know shes going to get him done, i did say ill lend her a basket. heck if se cant get there ill take him myself. we do get on ok.
and i did give her the scare talk of feline HIV ect

yola
29-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Job done then Cathy! One down many, many more to go!

dandysmom
29-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Well done, Cathy!

angieh
29-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Good news boys mum - well done.

CathyW
30-03-2010, 08:27 AM
most of the owners are pretty good around here. there was1 female that seemed to be pregnant all the time. used to see the kittens up for sale,50/70 quid a time. now that used to wind me up no end. and poor little thing she used to be out all day, no cat flap.they have moved now,
theres 1 big old tabby. (male) and my goodness he looks like hes gone 10 rounds. hes got a ragged ear. and a mean and nasty look. even my dg will steer well clear.