PDA

View Full Version : Finally Friday thread

dandysmom
19-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Tsk! Everyone busy?

It's another unseasonably warm delightful day here, 14 C (57 F) with cloudless skies, third in a row and tomorrow and Sunday will be even warmer. Glorious, especially after the horrendous Winter. Daffodils, hellebores, forsythia, snowflakes and glory of the snow are blooming! No errands so a lie in and out enjoying the garden before I logged on. Chores can wait! :mrgreen:

Hope all are well and enjoying good weather too......

angieh
19-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh dear ........... sorry Eileen.

Unfortunately a very grey, overcast and dismal day here today. Not cold but miserable. Not feeling too good and have loads of transcription to do, hence not much Catseying going on!

Pip has "had the wind up his bottom" this morning - rushing around, in and out of the window and generally behaving like a dervish! Kizzy has been my nursey today - her purrrrs are worth a whole bottle of pills.

Have a good day everyone.

Kazz
19-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Afternoon all sorry won't be around much I have so much to do.......it raining here ......no gardening but inside things to get done.

calismum
19-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi all - came home to empty house - bliss. Been to visit the chooks and had a nice shower. Now some catsey time.

DM - sounds to me like a photo opportunity!!!!

Sorry you're not feeling great angieh - glad nurse Kizzy is on duty.

Kazz - don't go overdoing things. Hope you get news of a date soon.

dandysmom
19-03-2010, 08:07 PM
CM, I might just do some pics then, if you insist! :mrgreen: Angie, sorry you're poorly, do take care of yourself and listen to Nurse Kizzy! You take it easy too, Kazz!

yola
19-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I've been a bit on edge all day; snapping at Sebi and being intollerant of other drivers etc. Not sure why. Had the dreaded smear test this morning. I had a dogdy one back in 1997 so each one now leaves me a nervous wreck until I get the results. Actually that's maybe why :roll:

We did the Fifi vet trip which wasn't as ominous as I'd been expecting, now I really feel I need to escape from the house . . . just need to get away from OH and his miserable-ness, lecturing and the fact that he'd rather stare at a computer screen than interact with his kids :(

I may well have dinner and then sneak to the pub for a drink. I'm nervous of doing that on my own but I just need my own space for an hour without him in my face the whole time.

angieh
19-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry about your situation atm Yola. Smear tests are not the nicest things .......... hope all will be well.

Can't advise re OH - sounds like he needs waking up.

Shelley123
19-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Dm how sensible to enjoy the garden while weather permits.
Been quite a nice sunny day here today. Work this morning, then a yoga sesion this afternoon, i was the only student there so a private session ;)
Malaika and Tom and Jerry a bit off today, i wormed them all yesterday :( Also unable to push Malaika's umbilical hernia back for the last two days so a bit worried.
angie sorry your not feeling too good and Kazz, mind you don't overdo it !
CM i know what you mean by an empty house ;)
Yola , sorry you're feeling stressed, hope youre test results are ok.
I had one in Jan and was thinking to myself that once you hit fifty there every 5 yrs, Yaaay. On leaving the nurse said "now you're coming upto 50 they will call you for a mammogram (oh joy) :(

dandysmom
19-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh how I hate mammograms,,,, am overdue.Yola, go to the pub, will do you good to get away for a bit when OH is disagreeable. Hope the smear test will be just fine. Shelley, will the pup have to go to the vet about that hernia? Angie, feeling any better now?

Shelley123
19-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Eileen,
the breeder advised us to massage the hernia back in, which we have been doing, it goes back but comes back out quite quickly. The idea is that one day it may stay in.
Our vet has seen it and said for now it's ok as we can reduce it. Last two days we cant seem to get it back, maybe tomorrow.
Will be seeing the vet Thur so will mention it. She may have to have a small op to repair it but we are still hoping it will mend by itself.

dandysmom
19-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I hope it will too, Shelley, poor pup! Hope it's not painful; never heard of that with cats.

Shelley123
19-03-2010, 11:23 PM
It doesn't seem to hurt her at all Eileen, hopefully it's just a fatty lump. She seems to be picking up from the worming tablet, as is Jerry and Tom :)