PDA

View Full Version : Little baby Mollies

calismum
17-03-2010, 10:43 PM
At the beginning of the year I added some mollies to the tank.

This morning I see we have some little icky baby ones hiding out in the planted areas.

My nieces are so excited when I phoned to tell them. I was amazed they had bred so quickly. Hope a few survive and are not eaten.

Moli
17-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Swimming eyes, you could fish some out and put in alittle tank, but Mollies are prolific breeders as soon as one lot get big, they will produce more...You must have perfect conditions for them....What else do you have in your tank?:)

calismum
17-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Swimming eyes, you could fish some out and put in alittle tank, but Mollies are prolific breeders as soon as one lot get big, they will produce more...You must have perfect conditions for them....What else do you have in your tank?:)

Some fantail goldfish and white cloud mountain minnows.

I wasn't sure the mollie and goldfish mix would work but I have the water at 20 and all seem happy.

Moli
17-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Mollies can llive in quite cool tempertures.....Looking forward to hearing how these little ones do..:D ..
I had small Parrot Fish that kept producing eggs and most of the youngsters grew up....

Kazz
20-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Ahhh babies....but the novelty will wear off I recall spending hours trying to catch baby guppies so the other fish would not eat them.....eventually I used to pray the bigger fish would eat them survival of the fittest...........what colour are they orange black or siver?

dandysmom
20-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Cool! Hope some of them survive.

calismum
20-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Most I have seen is seven and they are almost half inch long so must have been hiding in the plants for quite a while.

I have an orange, a black and a white male. Two dalmation females. The wee ones look a silvery black so no idea whay colour they will be. Took some pics today but they're too wee to see colour.

I hope a couple make it.