PDA

View Full Version : Of course cats know `love`

Stephan
16-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Sod this anthropormorphism (sp) stuff. I`m sure Cleo was happy enough to be here and fed by a good neighbour while we were away for three nights(cuddles for a few minutes)

But when we got home she was there as though she knew the sound of our car--

I`m here-ready to biff you and you can pick me up while I wave my paws ;)

trick
16-03-2010, 06:50 PM
sounds like love;)

angieh
16-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Happy to see you home safely Steph! And of course she loves you.

dandysmom
16-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Bless her, of course she loves you!

yola
16-03-2010, 10:00 PM
She know her folks are those who truly love her. I'm not one to bestow human emotions onto cats but there IS a bond between us.

The kitten who I carried on my lap in the car and spoke to endlessly on the way home from his breeder is my boy. Conversely the girlie that OH held and spoke to is his little poppet - her choice!

Myshka - who I picked up from Karen and talked nonsense to all the way back from Birmingham whilst he wailed his head off is also my boyo . . . it's the cat that determines the bond not us :roll:

James
17-03-2010, 05:29 AM
it's the cat that determines the bond not us :roll:

I have just printed this out and shall hang it above my desk :D

Dunkley was my soul mate and our new girl is well on her way to bonding with us. Rather than interpreting this as anthromorphosing cats' emotions, I prefer to regard such responses as based on a common bond that binds many life forms together in a circle of life. All species are different from each other, based on how they have evolved, but closer examination shows that we have many more things in common.