PDA

View Full Version : I think the babys may be on the way!!!!! yay

emmz
16-03-2010, 02:53 PM
:shock: hiya everyone, could do with some advice again please. Well i have just looked at my cats bum( discusting i know) sorry!! and there is yellow mucas coming out just under her bum hole!! we wernt sure when she was due and i think it may be happening now!! she is thruching too with her back end asif she is pushing. what shall i do? she keeps going into her box and coming out and sitting on my knee, i have put her back into the dox now. she is meowing too a lot.do you think she is in labor then? please help dont know what to do this is our first litter.

Mags
16-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Have you read the link that was given to you in your last thread ...... it explains the procedure of kittening.

angieh
16-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Sounds like they are coming ............ good luck mummy cat.

emmz
16-03-2010, 03:12 PM
angieh:)do you think so wow.mags!: I have looked at the link that was sent to me and it does explain things but i just wanted to know other poples experiences.not just text.
thankyou angieh :))

emmz
16-03-2010, 03:49 PM
we have 1 baby so far black and white awwww its beautifull :)

emmz
16-03-2010, 04:05 PM
now we hav 2 all balck

Elaine
16-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Is this her first and last litter? I do hope so as you have said you dont know what you are doing. I dont know why people cannt just spey and neuter their animals, it makes me very sad to read all these kinds of threads about accidental litters so often.

Shelley123
16-03-2010, 04:29 PM
How many babies now Emma ?

emmz
16-03-2010, 04:33 PM
just 2 i dont think there will be any more but she is ok.she may tough she is just puring so so loud its nice to hear, babies sucking away. happy family :)

emmz
16-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Is this her first and last litter? I do hope so as you have said you dont know what you are doing. I dont know why people cannt just spey and neuter their animals, it makes me very sad to read all these kinds of threads about accidental litters so often.

actualy she was booked in to be spayed and the day before the app she got out and stayed out for 5 nights so i am a responsable owner. i could have had them aborted and spayed but i diddnt want to put her through that. i have had cats all my life and they were all spayed when they wee dew! this was a HAPPY accident and i have found homes for them all already!

Shelley123
16-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Glad mum and babies are ok, thanks for the update :)

Shelley123
16-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Glad you have homes waiting for the little ones, did you want to keep one yourself?

trick
16-03-2010, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=emmz;597176]actualy she was booked in to be spayed and the day before the app she got out and stayed out for 5 nights so i am a responsable owner. i could have had them aborted and spayed but i diddnt want to put her through that. i have had cats all my life and they were all spayed when they wee dew! this was a HAPPY accident and i have found homes for them all already![/QUO

what you have done is very selfish and not to be dressed up as benificial to your cat. never mind the cats and kittens in shelters looking for homes. You had plenty time after you "happy accident" to book for a spay.

Aquatic
16-03-2010, 05:36 PM
aww.. how sweet.
I think that's a bit unfortunate that she got out and got pregnant just before she was to be spayed.
I would also not like to put my cat through having an abortion because I think it's sad.
And I'm really glad that you've found homes for them so soon :-D

emmz
16-03-2010, 05:39 PM
there are 4 and mother and babies are happy and content. one big happy family :)

Aquatic
16-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm glad to hear that they're all a big happy family Xxx you must be so happy for your cat.

Shelley123
16-03-2010, 05:41 PM
What colour are the other two Emma ?

angieh
16-03-2010, 05:48 PM
4 little kitties? Any more do you think emmz??? So glad it all went well and the little family sound to be settling well.

Very glad to hear that you have homes lined up for the kittens.

trick
16-03-2010, 05:49 PM
aww.. how sweet.
I think that's a bit unfortunate that she got out and got pregnant just before she was to be spayed.
I would also not like to put my cat through having an abortion because I think it's sad.
And I'm really glad that you've found homes for them so soon :-D

so its not realy about the the cat going through it but you, and going through potentialy life threatening labour is ok because its cute and sweet???

Aquatic
16-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Seriously Trick I don't see what your problem is if you were to be put through the exact same situation I bet you would do the same as emmz has done.
So don't be so rude to people and think about there feelings and what's going on before you comment.
And yes it is about the cat going through it but the cat WAS getting spayed as she said but the cat got out and was gone 5 days and got pregnant it's not as if she planned it all out and that she wanted it to happen!
You have really upset her from your last post. I'm sorry that I have to be like this but you really shouldn't be so rude and upset people like this.

Elaine
16-03-2010, 06:18 PM
so its not realy about the the cat going through it but you, and going through potentialy life threatening labour is ok because its cute and sweet???

Couldnt agree more Trick.
Cat's have no expectation of parenthood, we as humans impress our morals and selfish needs upon them.
If my cat was not spayed and had managed to escape just before the spay date, as soon as she arrived back, I'd have called the vet and booked her in again. I wouldnt have waited in hope of more kittens being born.
Every month we have "accidental" litters on this forum, rescues are full to bursting, many cats and kittens are destroyed each day because there are not enough homes. Each "accidental" litter owner we read about has some how managed to find "good and loving homes" for the kittens while rescues struggle to find homes for existing cats and kittens.
Here's a few to coo and aww over due to indescriminate breeding, and the rescue was left to pick up the pieces and pay the vet bills while the rescue broke their hearts as each one died.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/Todayspics107.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/emily.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/Diddydawn082.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/Diddydawn046.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/Diddydawn001.jpg

Elaine
16-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Seriously Trick I don't see what your problem is if you were to be put through the exact same situation I bet you would do the same as emmz has done.
So don't be so rude to people and think about there feelings and what's going on before you comment.
And yes it is about the cat going through it but the cat WAS getting spayed as she said but the cat got out and was gone 5 days and got pregnant it's not as if she planned it all out and that she wanted it to happen!
You have really upset her from your last post. I'm sorry that I have to be like this but you really shouldn't be so rude and upset people like this.

It's eaqually upsetting for those who pick up the pieces from these "Accidents" to watch and read these threads over and over.
To sit back and do/say nothing and to ooh and ahh over indescriminate breeding practices is to condone the situation. As we are ALL supposed to be cat lovers, surely we should be concerned with indescriminate breeding practises.

Aquatic
16-03-2010, 06:29 PM
ye I'm a cat lover and I do think people who do this to there cats are sad but at the end of the day she didn't plan any of this and after reading what trick had written had upset me and it has also upset emmz as well.
I'm not saying this kind of breeding is right but she didn't plan for any of this to happen.
And what's done is done.

trick
16-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I have to deal with situations like this on a daily basis and I have little time for people when they consider their own feeling before their animals and the cat population in general.

Elaine
16-03-2010, 06:33 PM
ye I'm a cat lover and I do think people who do this to there cats are sad but at the end of the day she didn't plan any of this and after reading what trick had written had upset me and it has also upset emmz as well.
I'm not saying this kind of breeding is right but she didn't plan for any of this to happen.
And what's done is done.

Then why not simply reschedule the spay when the cat returned 5 days later? At that point the kittens were not kittens and no one would have been any the wiser.

Aquatic
16-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry if I've come across as rude and if I have been nasty to anybody and I see where you all are coming from but there's still no reason to be so rude to poor emmz and she was very upset by one of your posts Trick.

Elaine
16-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm sorry if I've come across as rude and if I have been nasty to anybody and I see where you all are coming from but there's still no reason to be so rude to poor emmz and she was very upset by one of your posts Trick.

I dont see where Trick was rude, only an honest opinion, to which we are all entitled.
People get upset and defensive when faced with a truth they may not want to see.

Aquatic
16-03-2010, 06:41 PM
she just seemed a bit rude to me and that's my opinion.
I'm sorry if I have seemed rude and horrible to everyone I'm not normally like this don't know why I am.

trick
16-03-2010, 06:49 PM
As owners we are entirly resonsable for our pets from feeding, toileting, grooming and health, these accidents happen way to often for me to congratulte people.

angieh
16-03-2010, 06:55 PM
In the best of all possible worlds, everyone would have their cat spayed at the right moment and there would be no unplanned pregnancies at all. Having said that though, there are times and places to voice these thoughts and opinions and when a cat is about to have or having or just had her kits is not the time to do it IMO.

emmz knows all this anyway and she was asking for help with her cat - please can we just give help where it is requested and leave the discussions about the rights and wrongs for another time, otherwise no-one will want to ask again.

I am sorry emmz if you've been upset.

Elaine
16-03-2010, 07:05 PM
If that's the case then can we please stop condoning these indescriminate breedings by ooh and ahhing, help and support is one thing, encouraging and letting people think that it's OK and very cute is entirely another.

trick
16-03-2010, 07:06 PM
In the best of all possible worlds, everyone would have their cat spayed at the right moment and there would be no unplanned pregnancies at all. Having said that though, there are times and places to voice these thoughts and opinions and when a cat is about to have or having or just had her kits is not the time to do it IMO.

emmz knows all this anyway and she was asking for help with her cat - please can we just give help where it is requested and leave the discussions about the rights and wrongs for another time, otherwise no-one will want to ask again.

I am sorry emmz if you've been upset.

Your probably right. Its just a pity nobody listens before or after the event,
Cynical old me

Moli
16-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I too have picked up the pieces of these accidental matings....Many of my foster kittens, have just been dumped, one litter in a garden....poor little mites happily made it and went to good homes, it saddens me also when there are so many of accidental litters....

borderdawn
16-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Then in my opinion, ANY responsible owner would of had the Cat spayed straight away, as being mated was very highly likely.

Oh, and I wouldnt of done the same, I would of made sure my unspayed cat was safe.

Elaine
16-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Then in my opinion, ANY responsible owner would of had the Cat spayed straight away, as being mated was very highly likely.

Oh, and I wouldnt of done the same, I would of made sure my unspayed cat was safe.

Exactly.....

emmz
16-03-2010, 08:26 PM
right im fed up of all this now! i only wanted some help, well i dont think i am going to come on this site anymore. as soon as i found out my cat was pregnant i found homes for 5 kittens so i knew that they would be ok.
This is ment to be a web site that helps people.
I have done the very best for my cats and they are happy healthy cats.i am not happy withsome people that have nasty opinions, they should keep it to yourself.
my cat is happy and healthy with 4 fantastic babies and all there new owners are still happy to have them.we are keeping one andYES THEY WILL BE SPAYED ASAP IF THATS OK WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!

Elaine
16-03-2010, 08:33 PM
This forum does help people. It is a forum where people care passionately about cats/animals and especially thier wellfare and well being.
The opinions expressed are not nasty but honest and come largely from seeing the results of all too many "accidental" matings.

yola
16-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Those of us who are involved to a greater or lesser extent see the less 'fluffy' side I'm afraid. Too many cats and kittens are needlessly destroyed because homes are taken up with 'small ad cat offers'.

I'm sure that your situation is genuine, and I applaud your coming for help here (believe me we're not attacking but trying to help - honest), but those at the pointy end of rehoming and rescuing see so many horror stories that it's hard for them to be sympathetic to acts of carelessness - and being brutal about it, this is what we are talking about here.

I hope you do spay your cat asap to prevent further surprise litters. I'm not going to judge you but you must surely be aware of the over-burdening of rescues with cats and kittens at this time, especially as people are using the excuse of 'credit crunch' to get rid of their pets - responsibly or otherwise :(

Millie2010
17-03-2010, 09:06 AM
This is a shocking way to "educate" people! I think that we all know that breeding when there are huge numbers of kittens and cats in shelters is not good, and that's putting it mildly. By replying to people in this manner, the hackles go up and people will just shut off and leave. I don't believe that this is what you intend, and that you have good intentions, but believe me it does feel like a personal attack. By doing this you are chasing people off who may need urgent advice. I understand that some of you see dreadful things happening to cats and kittens, maybe rather than replying as you have above, you should share some of these experiences you've had that most of us couldn't begin to understand or believe, this would be a much better lesson. People looking in at the forum wanting help with their problems will see what happens here when someone does something that you don't like or agree with, they will go possibly not getting the help they desperately need and things can go wrong and end in more suffering.

This surely defeats the purpose of this site.

Remember I agree that with all that you're saying, I just don't agree with the way that you're trying to get your message across.

Debbie
x

borderdawn
17-03-2010, 11:15 AM
It angers people that some folk come on here KNOWING they have pregnant animals and have done NOTHING to get the help they may require before they are born, but find time to trawl the internet right as they are due in an attempt to gloat and call on others for advice, when they should of been totally prepared by now.

trick
17-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm not one to mince my word and won't start now to protect the feelings of people who can't handle the truth.
It seems that all this is about making irresponsible owners feel better, lets just hope that the other 4 owners get theirs neutered before they all have kittens too

kado
17-03-2010, 11:39 AM
I did let maiseys pregancy continue. She was about 4ish weeks before i realised she was. I only let her continue with it because we had too have our simon pts and couldnt bear to put her under to have a termination at the time. I still have her babies and one of the boys is getting neutered tomorrow. I have no transport so when my neighbours get back off holiday the other 3 will be done at the same time within 3wks. Maisey still hasnt been done yet but will be possibly when the kittens are done. In hindsight if Simon hadnt have died i wouldnt have gone on with the pregnancy. I dont regret keeping them at all. Maisey was a stray.

Millie2010
17-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Yes I know that it angers people and rightly so. People will continue to come without having researched, but we're all human and not perfect, I'm sure we've all made our fair share of mistakes, some make ones that are sadly detrimental to animals and people, I am not pointing a finger at anyone, its meant as a reminder that we’re not perfect. I've always believed that two wrongs don't make it right. Bullying someone or just being plain rude does nothing to help and I do believe that you all mean well and it comes from your heart. I just ask you to take a step back and think about what you’re saying and how you’re treating people and whether it is really helping your cause.

kado
17-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I was so lucky with Maisey she was a brilliant mum. She never left them let us look at them and wasnt even bothered about the other cats. She was still feeding them on and off till about 12wks. Other people might not be so lucky. There are lots of cats/kittens in rescue due to no fault of there own. I have been critisized on here myself but i always need help in some shape or form thats why i come back. The daddy of the kittens sat on our patio the other night from around 12am till 2am and would go he fell asleep he came back the next day and all my neutered boys where outside and the youngest hissed at him and he hasnt been back since. He is the cause in my area of nearly all the unwanted kittens. I do speak to the owners but one of them thinks it cruel to neuter males. I would pay for it myself if he could be done. Everybody needs help wether you agree with why they need help if they didnt they wouldnt help

emmz
17-03-2010, 02:48 PM
how dare you take the high horse borderdawn!!!!! do you know what you are a pompas git!!!! AND I DO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY ANIMALS she was in at the vets to get spayed when she escaped, we too her to see the vets anyway and decided we wanted to keep the kittens as we could find good homes for them. i dont agree in abortion and as she was pregnant and i was not going to put her through a huge operation!!!!!
now if none of you have any support or advice for me then just dont bother comenting!!!!!!!! i bet all of you have made bigger mistakes than me and I THINK I HAVE DONE THE VERY BEST FOR MY CAT!!!

Mags
17-03-2010, 03:17 PM
how dare you take the high horse borderdawn!!!!! do you know what you are a pompas git!!!! AND I DO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY ANIMALS she was in at the vets to get spayed when she escaped, we too her to see the vets anyway and decided we wanted to keep the kittens as we could find good homes for them. i dont agree in abortion and as she was pregnant and i was not going to put her through a huge operation!!!!!
now if none of you have any support or advice for me then just dont bother comenting!!!!!!!! i bet all of you have made bigger mistakes than me and I THINK I HAVE DONE THE VERY BEST FOR MY CAT!!!
Emmz, members here have been trying to offer you advice and it won't help if you throw it back in their face.

What did I get for taking the trouble to find a helpful link for you, then asked you if you had read it when you still asked what to do ........ you reported me!:shock:
If you need advice, you must be prepared to accept it even if it is in a link. Not many members here have had the experience of the birth of unplanned litters so were unable to give you "hands on" advice".

I'm pleased that mother and kittens are ok but may I suggest you take them to your vet to be checked over in the very near future, I think you'll find that is normal procedure.

borderdawn
17-03-2010, 03:23 PM

In your opinion of course, you have done the best for your Cat, unfortunately you havent, you have let her down dreadfully. You have no clue who the father of those kittens are, he is either feral or irresponsibly owned as being neutered would of been the responsible thing to do, as it would of been with your Cat as soon as she returned. There is a reasonable chance that the sire is infected with diseases that could of now infected your Cat and her kittens, and its likely that they will die of some of those diseases if they do have them, I pray they dont, as you are rehoming them all and you wont have to watch the consequences will you?:evil:

Whatever you think of me, or everyone else that doesnt agree with irresponsible moggy breeding wont change the FACT this is YOUR problem, you should of taken better care of your Cat, sorry if that offends you, it isnt intended to, its intended as I say it, the truth.

This is interesting:
she was in at the vets to get spayed when she escaped,
Implying she escaped from the Vets.

Yet in another post you said:
actualy she was booked in to be spayed and the day before the app she got out and stayed out for 5 nights
So you will excuse my tone when you dont appear to get your story the same in two posts!

borderdawn
17-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Emmz, members here have been trying to offer you advice and it won't help if you throw it back in their face.

What did I get for taking the trouble to find a helpful link for you, then asked you if you had read it when you still asked what to do ........ you reported me!:shock:
If you need advice, you must be prepared to accept it even if it is in a link. Not many members here have had the experience of the birth of unplanned litters so were unable to give you "hands on" advice".

I'm pleased that mother and kittens are ok but may I suggest you take them to your vet to be checked over in the very near future, I think you'll find that is normal procedure.

She reported you? Seriously?:evil:

Moli
17-03-2010, 03:57 PM
It seems the Op does not like to take advice which is what we have been offering.....
I think if she and others had seen some of the poor cats and kittens a lot of us have had to deal with they would maybe realise how we feel about it...

borderdawn
17-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I admit Im less than diplomatic sometimes, but the way this OP has been talking just made me livid! Things like "yay" in the topic heading, when this should NEVER of happened! Poor poor Cats, I feel very sorry for them.

yola
17-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Reporting Mags?? She's a moderator!! Oh dear . . . that's a bit of a faux pas isn't it :oops:

I'm sorry there is such bad feeling over this when there are living things at stake; babies at that . . . Emmz, may I suggest you calm down and take some of the very good, if a little difficult to swallow, advice on offer.

Elaine
17-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh dear lord, I can hardly beleive this. Reporting Mags for posting a helpful link just takes the buscuit. This is what always tends to happen here, people make these posts asking for help but they dont really want the help, they want the clucking fluffies to ooh and ahh over them. Then they get defensive and upset when the truth of the matter is pointed out. Truth can often hurt but you should be adult enough to take it on the chin. If not, then maybe a childs pet forum would be the place to go.

Millie2010
17-03-2010, 05:33 PM
That is a low blow, Mags did nothing to you other than offer help, I have reread all the posts and for the life of me I don't understand why you have singled her out. Maybe I was a little naive, I felt sorry for you and thought things could have been handled in a nicer way but you've really gone and thrown a spanner in the works, proving them all right about you. Maybe its you that needs to hear that 2 wrongs don't make a right. Tit for tat is very childish behaviour, shame on you.

Debbie x

Shelley123
17-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Maybe i'm a clucking fluffy, but if i want to say someones Kittens are nice then i will do so, whether they be moggies or pedigrees.
I have tried realy hard to keep out of this thread but feel i have to say this. We are all individuals and some of us speak more directly than others but we should all be tolerant of how we interact.

Elaine
17-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Maybe i'm a clucking fluffy, but if i want to say someones Kittens are nice then i will do so, whether they be moggies or pedigrees.
I have tried realy hard to keep out of this thread but feel i have to say this. We are all individuals and some of us speak more directly than others but we should all be tolerant of how we interact.

But by coo'ing over irresponsibly bred kittens you are encouraging them to continue and are therefore part of the problem and not the solution.

moonstone
17-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Those five good homes could/should have gone to cats in rescue:)
I have been to a rescue today where they have lots of unwanted kittens already:( all the result no doubt of irresponsible breeding and cats not being neutered:evil:
If the cat had been neutered when it returned from it,s wandering it would not be giving birth now:?

Shelley123
17-03-2010, 07:17 PM
But by coo'ing over irresponsibly bred kittens you are encouraging them to continue and are therefore part of the problem and not the solution.

I'm not going to comment further after this because i feel it could get out of hand and personal. But Elaine i am not going to accept that i am part of the problem.
When Kittens are already born i will make whatever comment i want.
I am not condoning indiscriminate breeding . Perhaps if people didn't get pedigree cats and got rescues instead that would help.I know i will cause offence now but i'm just throwing that in to point out that we don't live in an ideal world. I myself have just got a pedigree Dog so i'm not calling people who have pedigree cats.
I have also worked as a volunteer in a cat shelter so i'm not just a fluffy cooing person.

Elaine
17-03-2010, 07:21 PM
We are ALL entitled to our opinions but just to point out that pedigree cats are only 3% of the UK cat population.

Moli
17-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Pedigree cats often end up in rescues too...I have fostered Siamese....

yola
17-03-2010, 08:02 PM
And I have had 2 pure-bred Persians from CP. They ARE cute and fluffy, but they also need some management in terms of their fur, eyes etc.

I'm sure people think they are teddy bears; that they'll either sit compliant on a sofa or alternatively look after themselves like mogs tend to do.

Wrong. They need time invested in them and sadly that is often not forthcoming.

Shelley - I agree that it's important to balance education with empathy. I've had the discussion with Elaine and Dawn before ;) however I can also see Elaine's point of view inasmuch as to encourage the 'aren't they cute' factor will only validate what is going on.

There is no clear-cut right or wrong way to approach this - everyone uses their own experiences to shape the way they react. Whilst I've seen some bad cases of abandonment I haven't witnessed abject cruelty, starvation and forced euthanasia. Maybe if I had I'd be taking a stronger and more vociferous stand.

HappyKatz
17-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Spaying/Neutering will always be a sensitive subject because it is so important.

I think this is one of those too late type of things. Its not like she can go back to the past & stop this from happening. She can stop this from happening in the future, but this is right now. Yes her cat should of been spayed in the very beginning, but she wasn't. Whatever happened. Its too late now. Lets just hope that her cat gets spayed afterwards.

I am one of those people who look at the positive even when there seems nothing to be positive about. We can be thankful that she cared enough to ask for help & that she cares enough for those kittens not to just throw them away like some evil people would. She is trying to be happy in an unknown situation. No matter what she did or didn't do, we were asked for help for the mum cat & her kittens.

With opinions set aside. When we all love cats so much, our emotions can get heated :shock:
And thats understandable. But remember, regardless of any situation, we are all here to help the kittens & cats first. :smt049

Carole
18-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Thread locked pending review.